Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Hughes: "I'll carry on playing" plus views on Cousins, Powell and Riga

Comments

• Options

Didn't know that either. Disappointing.

No he's gaining experience, I'm pleased for him, really shame he couldn't have a better club but glad he's not stuck here.
  • Options

first team coach since leaving Rotherham half way through the season.

I was told he's not getting paid.

What?! That's shocking!
    Do you know why, whats the deal?
    He was out of work and Super Al offered him some unpaid work.

I think that they were players together at Reading.

A current player who was here when Hughes was told me he wasn't being paid.
    Really surprising. Would have thought he could have got work at a Championship club at least.
    Maybe having 'PL experience' is worth working for nothing though :/
    That would be a terrible indictment if true, no one should have to work for free.

Hadn't seen this interview, he speaks very well. I really like his advice to Jordan, I think it's an excellent approach to take. Would like to see him involved in the set-up here, though not as a head coach. I think he's wise to say he wants to be an assistant for a few years before making the step up. I think SCP and Garry Monk are good examples of what happens when bright young coaches make the step up quickly, when things go wrong they can struggle, and from then on you're judged on results.
  • Options
    He was at one of our final games of the season, sitting at the back of the lower with, with Salako. He had the good grace not to be wearing a Nigel tracksuit top...unlike his companion!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

He was at one of our final games of the season, sitting at the back of the lower with, with Salako. He had the good grace not to be wearing a Nigel tracksuit top...unlike his companion!

Salako actually sat in the West in a Palade training top???, I hope he got dogs abuse
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Salako actually sat in the West in a Palade training top???, I hope he got dogs abuse
    Always been a Palace prick.
  • Options
    think we played palace ,at the start of our 12 game winning streak , on the way to becoming Champions under Curbs ,back in the glory years , 99-00 season around the Christmas period and Salako got abuse from the palace fans and he scored for us and give it to their fans so he's OK in my eyes
    because let's face it he was a palace legend already before he arrived at ours
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1m1 minute ago
    Andy Hughes appointed Huddersfield first-team coach. Only had short-term arrangement with #cpfc.
  • Options
    Note that Cawley says arrangement not contract.

Backs up what I was told that he was working unpaid as does him leaving a prem club for a Championship club for the same role.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bull shit.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Bull shit.

Why? Isn't Mark Ritson ex-Charlton and now works at Palace for their comms team??
  • Options
    Ritson tweet football good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont think he'd be a bad choice if our new owners decided to appoint him as Charlton boss
  • Options
    I hadn't realised that Hughes had worked with Lee Turner (our Gk coach) when both were at Bolton
  • Options
    Good to see him going well. Loved his time at Charlton
  • Options
    Did Powell take him there originally?
  • Options
    a great pro and a credit to himself and the game ..end of ,deserves everything good that comes to him
  • Options

No, Powell was there earlier
  • Options

Brought in by Wagner
  • Options
    buckshee said:

TelMc32 said:

Always been a Palace prick.
    He's a wanker for doing that but will always be slightly greatful for the shitty deflected goal he scored against D&R.

If it wasn't for that, a premier league side would have lost at home to non league opposition.
  • Options

Dont think he'd be a bad choice if our new owners decided to appoint him as Charlton boss

Why should he come back here to the Third Division at this time?

He's a vital part of the management team at a Premiership club.