Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wenger

Signed a new 3 year deal.
In my eyes a boring move by Arsenal.
Expect 3 more years of fighting for 3rd/4th in the league.

Comments

• Options

Which they're probably quite happy with. Constant Champions League money.
  • Options

From a business perspective it makes sense. Arsenal are not guaranteed a champions league place, but Arsene delivers a place and the resultant cash every year.

From a fans perspective there must be mixed feelings. He's won titles and taken them to a champions league final but this was some time ago. Based on Arsenal wage structure they can be expected to finish 4th or 5th, so Wenger is either on or slightly over target. But Arsenal fans must be tempted to gamble, another manager might take them out of the champions league places or alternatively win the title and/or champions league.

Is football about dreams or pragmatism? If I was paying several thousand pounds for a season ticket I would be tempted to want to dream.
  • Options
    Surprised he saw where to sign it.
  • Options
    Promised to spend to push on as well, I'm expecting a couple of big stars to arrive this summer, Benzema, Di Maria, Cavani, De Rossi, Muller, that kind of calibre
  • Options

Surprised he saw where to sign it.

He said. I just looked down and there was my signature on the contract, I did not see how it got there.
  • Options
    They should replace him with Dowie to liven up another dull season of only 4th place ;-)
  • Options
    If they rack up debt people slag em if they run a tight ship they get slagged

Saying that I reckon if they'd bid £8m more for Suarez than the £42m they paid for Ozil the Premiership title would have been theirs rather than the joke bid of £40,000,001
  • Options

So boring. Just like when we were in the Prem and many got bored of Curbs. Thank god we didn't make the same mistake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

So boring. Just like when we were in the Prem and many got bored of Curbs. Thank god we didn't make the same mistake.
    So what your saying is - our goal which is effectively to get to the premier league is pointless because we will just become another mid table team like stoke/west ham ect?

• Options
    Di Maria is a class act.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

So what your saying is - our goal which is effectively to get to the premier league is pointless because we will just become another mid table team like stoke/west ham ect?

What? Did you miss the sarcasm element?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Promised to spend to push on as well, I'm expecting a couple of big stars to arrive this summer, Benzema, Di Maria, Cavani, De Rossi, Muller, that kind of calibre

All of those are unrealistic for Arsenal.
  • Options
    Maybe, but so was ozil... I think this will be Arsenal's biggest summer spend. They're going to get at least one or two big names.
  • Options
    Apparently Fabregas is going back there
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Maybe, but so was ozil... I think this will be Arsenal's biggest summer spend. They're going to get at least one or two big names.

Reza Ghoochannejhad?
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I presume he was joking, if we didnt sack curbs I'm pretty sure the disaster which is the previous 7/8 years would never have happened.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Reza Ghoochannejhad?
    It'd be a hell of a statement.
  • Options
    A sound move by the board.

In 3 years time who knows what other top managers may be around to take over, currently there aren't too many you would look at and say they would be worth the gamble over Wenger. Those who would be good are at their teams with no desire to leave for a new project.

Will no doubt spend money in the summer to keep the fans at bay aswell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Class act worshipped by the board at Arsenal. Has 90m to spend if he wants it. It's all about getting in to the Champions league and he delivers every season. Great manager.
  • Options
    How long has he got left? Will he resign or get the boot? I think neither and he'll retire at the end of his current contract. Could of been one of the best ever but sadly he's turned out to be a stubborn old goat who can't admit defeat.
  • Options
    He's going absolutely nowhere.
  • Options

Bit like Arsenal
  • Options
    Talal said:

Bit like Arsenal
    Hopefully !
  • Options
    Anyone seen this, it has had a lot of criticism, with people saying its disgusting he is being treated like that

And Joel Campbell is told to get out while he can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZPt4R1YSs

• Options
    It's pathetic, but then every club has its idiots.
  • Options
    Idiots. Short memories.
  • Options

Anyone seen this, it has had a lot of criticism, with people saying its disgusting he is being treated like that

And Joel Campbell is told to get out while he can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZPt4R1YSs

Disgusting
  • Options
    Idiots