Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sort of quiz: How many can you find?

Comments

• Options
    Tom Soares & Jerome Thomas.
  • Options
    "set off in a haze" Paul Hayes
  • Options
    Hmm, some good progress but there's more
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Take your pick from George Green, Rodney Green or Danny Green

also Graham Moore along with 'Sailor' Brown or Steve Brown

"more green than brown"

EDIT: there's an (Arthur) horse field above too....
  • Options
    " cars on" = Scott Carson

ham on d' bone Cyril and / or Geoff Hammond
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    White has been highlighted could have been Ronnie, Steve or David but surprised @LenGlover you didn't get Whitehouse (Brian) came to us from Palace 1965/ 66 :-)
    Edit; or Partridge (Malcolm) 1971/72 and given some of the latitude with spellings there is of course Mo(o)ney.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In the spring, Hazel liked a picnic in the wood. Sam rose early and went on the picnic too with Stuart. Sam was a daily walker. They set off in a haze. They went where it was wilder near the white house past the marsh with borrowed ale and food – salmon, tuna and whitebait as well as a pringle or two.

“Any ‘am an’ bacon?” Stuart asked Sam. “’Azel would usually bring ham on d’bone”. They walked to the town’s end past the church through some ferns and foliage and into the green fields.
    “Mac and Stacey will come in their Jensen – or is it a Rolls Royce?” asked Sam. They leave cars on yellow lines. “Isn’t Mac loud?” observed Hazel. “They just want to hunt – pheasant, partridge – even parrot or peacock. They once saw a moo to kill. They make pates, you know”. However, Mac was a smart man though, having made money from stocks.

They met and sat down with a pitcher of ale while Stacey got out the Primus stove to cook. Mac’s glass was fuller than Sam’s, but suddenly went off to a horse field. “He ride arse on any old nag” said Hazel. “He’s more ridiculous than anyone. He sticks his butt on any horse”.

Thomas the tiler arrived unexpectedly. “Tutt, tutt”, said Hazel. “You’re late. Have a litre of ale. You busy, Thomas?” she asked.

“I’ve plenty of fish to fry”, replied Thomas as he gave Hazel a garland. “I have some hints – always show grit, be bolder then you’ll make a fortune. There are some duff and bent crooks out there but you have my bond I always tile well. Bonds are important”. Thomas was a bright man and had done some hard work.

“I’ll grant you that. You’re on the button”, said Hazel. “Many tilers go for a burton. They spring up, work on their tod but have no hope”.

Stuart suddenly said “I know a song”. He was a great Scot and used to be in a Welsh choir. He sang at chapel when he was young. Stuart’s voice soars and Stacey shields her ears.

“I fancy a Costa coffee” remarked Stacey as Mac returned with his two red setters. “I prefer teas from Holland & Barrett for sure”, said Mac.
    “You madden me, Mac. Your teas are dire – they’re more green than brown”.
    “How do you know? You’re speculating ‘n’ guessin’”. He looked angry. “Sod yer”, he said. “You always have to be right”.
    “You act like Captain Mark Phillips” spat Stacey. “You’re a right Phillips. And, I hate your hair. You’re better when shorn”.
    The picnic ended

6 to get, I think........two are parts of words.....
  • Options
    Is Riddick part of ridiculous?
  • Options

Is Riddick part of ridiculous?

Very good!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joe Denley part of Suddenly. He only played youth football though.
  • Options

Joe Denley part of Suddenly. He only played youth football though.

I believe you, but it's not one of the missing five who all played for the first team.
  • Options
    Theo Foley (foliage)?
  • Options
    Sure - Peter Shaw
  • Options
    Ronnie Moore - more
  • Options
    Foley - yes
    Shaw - yes
    Moore - already found
  • Options
    "be right" - Bright?
  • Options

"be right" - Bright?

Bright is already covered further up
  • Options

"be right" - Bright?

Ah yes. What about "right Phillips" split for Charlie Wright?

• Options

"be right" - Bright?

Ah yes. What about "right Phillips" split for Charlie Wright?

Indeed....two to go and then you'll be done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "They met" = Mehmet ?
  • Options

"They met" = Mehmet ?

Nope, sorry - it just rhymes. I would give a clue to the last two but there's already been a good clue this morning.
  • Options
    This is pushing it a bit: "Sam rose" to make Ambrose?
  • Options

No, it's not that. The clue is in....two to go and you'll be done.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Tiler (tile well) / Many tilers
  • Options
    mooney e.g. Money
  • Options
    Tiler has already been found. Mooney isn't money. Still two to find and you'll be done
  • Options

Ah yes - "you'll" - Jason Euell. One to go?

• Options

Ah yes - "you'll" - Jason Euell. One to go?

Yep, one to go
  • Options
    Dunn