Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff

Think Cardiff will be hard to beat next season, title winners already in my eyes
already had a decent squad,

Now they added:
Guido Burgstaller
Federico Macheda
Adam Le Fondre

Comments

• Options
    If football was played on paper then maybe, thankfully it isn't.

Whilst I think they will be up there, don't underestimate the difficulty coming down.
  • Options
    They're spiralling down at the moment despite all their money from Vincent Tan he's messed up big time changing strip colour, getting rid of MM was a huge misjudgement call and the club as a structure and a fan base is very fragmented at moment. I currently don't think they will storm it next season.... And this from a Cardiff man born and bred... Thank God I have Charlton to look forward to next season ;)
  • Options
    What I am saying is IMO they will throw everything behind going straight back up, if they fail to do it I think they will be ruined financially, but I think they will go straight back up
  • Options
    Their squad is comparable to what QPR came down with, lots of big money players but none of them living up to their reputation. They'll have had a shocking season if they don't make the top 6, but I don't reckon they'll run away with it and I think a managerial change might be needed reasonably early in the season. Seen nothing from Solskjaer yet to suggest he's got anything to offer as a manager.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Their squad is comparable to what QPR came down with, lots of big money players but none of them living up to their reputation. They'll have had a shocking season if they don't make the top 6, but I don't reckon they'll run away with it and I think a managerial change might be needed reasonably early in the season. Seen nothing from Solskjaer yet to suggest he's got anything to offer as a manager.

Maybe its just because I like him but IMO Solskjaer done as well as he could with that team last season, but he will come into his own this year, give him the whole summer to do what he wants and I think it will be him that leads Cardiff back up
  • Options
    Solskjaer proved he could do the job in Norway yet its a whole different story in the Championship... Gotta be careful he dont bring in too many players just for the sake of it, after all the majority of their title winning players are still at the club
  • Options
    Adam Le Fondre is an excellent signing. Didn't realise that he had moved to Cardiff.
  • Options
    Yeah he's been their ages.....well since yesterday.
  • Options
    Think they may struggle a bit as the manager is not good enough....he is a sacking waiting to happen ..
  • Options
    Its hard to say what the relegated clubs will do, last season QPR, Reading and Wigan all got to the playoffs but the previous year Wolves slipped all the way through to League 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They'll limp up through the play offs like QPR did this season.
  • Options
    They will certainly be right up there. How much debt have they got ?
  • Options
    I doubt they'll keep Marshall, he was easily their best player last season. They're expanding their ground at the moment, so there should be plenty of available seats in the away section!
  • Options
    Assuming they keep the core of their squads, i can't see past the top two being Norwich and Cardiff, Fulham will be the next former Premier League team to find themselves in the 3rd tier for a number of seasons IMO.
  • Options

Assuming they keep the core of their squads, i can't see past the top two being Norwich and Cardiff, Fulham will be the next former Premier League team to find themselves in the 3rd tier for a number of seasons IMO.

Not to sure about Norwich, think they are going to struggle
  • Options

If they keep players like Bassong, Ruddy, Turner, Snodgrass, Becchio, Fer, Olsson and Redmond, i just can't see anyone stopping them running away with it.
  • Options

If they keep players like Bassong, Ruddy, Turner, Snodgrass, Becchio, Fer, Olsson and Redmond, i just can't see anyone stopping them running away with it.
    Agree. I think the best-equipped side for the rigors of Championship football. Potentially a few Premier League prima donnas in the Fulham and Cardiff sides.
  • Options
    Fulham will do well with their youth team and Derby have a fantastic manager.

Far too early to tell who will walk away with the league.
  • Options
    Not hugely surprising. Hopefully they'll let him continue doing badly for a few more weeks before the inevitable happens, and then replace him with another fashionable but ineffective foreigner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26328068
  • Options
    Sorry paulie. I forgot to say you were talking Bo**ocks. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you look at the table tonight then the top ten were fairly predictable... Except Cardiff aren't there and Sheffield Wednesday are.
    Not just on paper but having watched our opponents and a few games on sky the top ten looks fair. Especially with us in the mix!
    Cardiff (and Fulham) aren't there so the club changes manager sooner or later.
    Norwich are bouncing back because they run their club properly - simple lesson there.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Norwich were even more in the **** than us in League 1.
    They gambled, by spending money they didn't have, in L1 and would have gone into administration, if they weren't promoted !
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Solskjaer sacked.