Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Malcolm Glazer

Died tonight aged 85. RIP.

Comments

• Options
    Tbf he looked bloody good for 85

Rip
  • Options
    R.I.P

but not sure why an American money maker with no interest in football deserves a R.I.P thread?
  • Options

R.I.P

but not sure why an American money maker with no interest in football deserves a R.I.P thread?

He had SOME interest in football didn't he..?
  • Options
    Bought Man U to make money.
  • Options

well, man utd were making a shitload when he bought them.
  • Options

now, if we think RD is clever with his money, then this guy is(was) a magician he bought Man United with Man United's money !
  • Options
    85 is not a bad knock. RIP
  • Options
    And, for all of the doom and gloom merchants at the time of the purchase/leveraging, Man Utd. seem to have done alright competitively under his family's ownership.
  • Options
    Was obviously very much in it for the money , but was a very successful and astute bloke - borrowed against the purchase, then took hefty dividends while increasing income and value of the club whilst simultaneously reducing the debt. And (before this season) winning things.

That said, the normal fans' wallets are suffering. Doubt this will change much either, his sons will carry on in the same vein.

By-the-by really, a family has lost a father and grandfather, so RIP.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not one to slag people off. Find this one surprising though
  • Options

R.I.P

Can't believe some of the comments on CL sometimes. No respect.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    His children own 90% of Man Utd and he never once visited Old Trafford.
    RIP for sure but his connection with football had passed, although his mention far more relevant than the other one tonight.
  • Options

now, if we think RD is clever with his money, then this guy is(was) a magician he bought Man United with Man United's money !
    exactly, didn't he "loan" the club the money to buy the 90% shares, they pay him/his children back with the huge profits the club posts, basically putting this against their tax. Then in 2018 or whenever the loans paid off they'll sell for a couple of billion. Literally like printing money.

very very smart when for most of that time they've had sir alex performing miracles with the likes of tom cleverley.
  • Options
    Respect. RIP
  • Options
    RIP but please don't tell me this man has been good for English football. He has been part of the insanity which leaves our club and others in the Championship in such a perilous position. Any good business people could have made United as big as it is, especially with Fergie in charge, without the leveraging. Bayern Munich haven't needed it, have they? He has died aged 85 after a good knock. This does not change my opinion that he has been bad for English football, why would it?
  • Options
    No one had said he's been good for football, just that he was a very astute businessman.

While they have done very well for United in maximizing commercial revenue etc, the Glazers are obviously taking far more out of United then they are putting in.
  • Options
    RIP