Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Howard Help

13»

Comments

• Options
    Just received a further update on George from his pal who organised the Just Giving link etc.

Not sure how this fits with madadd's post but Martin De Fede posted :

" I've had a very good call. Over the last day or so his condition's improved & progress has been made. George has started to show signs that he is wanting to come around and wake up. I will hopefully have more news to update in a day or so"

Banner at the top of the link shows that the amount donated thus far has risen to £13,225 - probably doesn't include any monies raised at today's match though.
  • Options
    That is good news. Have not checked my mails since this morning, so have not seen this update. Hope lots of money was raised today.
  • Options

That sounds very encouraging - what with the progress of East Stand Malcolm as well, looks like we've got a right win-double !! Keep going guys, you're doing marvellously well.
  • Options
    According to Facebook he has woken up, does not go into any detail but must mean positve step forward.
  • Options
    Yes, Kap. Had this confirmed today by Martin.

Said George is " a little groggy" but that's to be expected & he's making definite progress.

Sum raised to date is £13,660.
  • Options
    More good news. Great that George is making progress. It will probably be slow, as I know from personal experience, but any improvement is good.
  • Options
    That's wonderful news! Just seen the update myself. So pleased for him, his parents and everyone who knows him.
  • Options
    Fantastic news
  • Options
    Great news. Hope George is back in the UK very soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is great news
  • Options
    Amazing news!
  • Options
    Wonderful news,; thanks for the update
  • Options
    Fantastic news....
  • Options
    Update on the update
    George and family arrived back in UK yesterday and he is under the care of a main hospital close to family. I understand George has made such good progress the hospital will probably allow George to reside at home and attend a daily rehab clinic.
    This is absolutely fantastic news to have George and his family back safe in UK
  • Options
    Wonderful news indeed! So pleased for George and his family.
  • Options
    Thanks for that madadd.

News gets better and better.
  • Options
    Great news
  • Options
    Read on news shopper he is now home
  • Options
    Anyone know how George is doing now? I met Waggy getting off a flight in Jo'burg and he said he spoke to the Pig yesterday and that he was making progress but didn't know any details
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonderful news. Thanks for sharing (and for gardening too).
  • Options

Terrific news about young George. And so quick - what powers of recuperation !! Total respect to all concerned.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Great news to hear... How did Joe look when you asked him (He was in the car when the crash happened wasnt he?) - Just hope the ordeal for him hasnt effected him in anyway either
  • Options

Great news to hear... How did Joe look when you asked him (He was in the car when the crash happened wasnt he?) - Just hope the ordeal for him hasnt effected him in anyway either

He seemed fine, FA.

Looked a bit "down" when I said I understood that he was involved in said crash - such an experience is bound to have affected him mentally in some way.

But otherwise, I'd say he's OK. Must be a huge relief to all concerned to have George "back" .

• Options
    Thanks for that Fanny... the main thing is definitely having George back and getting healthy again
  • Options
    So glad this ended so well and can't remember the last time I felt so compelled to contribute