Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dervite to Bolton (confirmed)

edited May 2014 in General Charlton
On OS. POO.

Comments

• Thought that was a done deal last week?.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m
    TRANSFER NEWS: Dorian Dervite has agreed to join @OfficialBWFC -->

Nothing like having it confirmed though hey!
  • Is it club policy these days to never say "the club would like to thank "Player X" for their efforts while at Charlton", or similar when announcing on the OS... only a minor thing but it does feel a bit colder than the old days.

Anyway - thanks Dorian for all your efforts while at Charlton :)

Now make sure Morro signs up asap please Roland.

Unless it has only now actually been signed off by the FA? Still a bit late what with everyone else confirming it a week ago.
  • @byl - any idea what the average wage for a Belgian uncapped central defender will be?
  • edited May 2014
    At least we will save money on a smaller team bus. Seven seater anyone?
  • One of our better players. Sorry to see him go, but thought for a while it was going to happen. All the best Dorian.
  • Thanks for everything and good luck
  • All the best Dorian... thanks for helping us survive this season especially with the crucial goals against Bournemouth and Yeovil

Good luck up at Bolton
  • Sponsored links:

• Bad news for us.

Although RD has lots of brownie points on the non-playing side of things (new pitch, training complex) so far on the playing side it has all been bad news or at best neutral.

Still waiting to see what happens on player arrivals but not feeling optimistic, to be honest.
  • Good luck dorian. Thanks for your services mate.
  • That sucks.

A really good defender in this league and I'd have loved to have kept him.

Always thought he had more to give and he was fulfilling that potential in the last few months of the season.
  • Despite knowing it was coming, it's still not nice seeing it confirmed.

All the best Dorian and thanks very much for your efforts. Good luck at Bolton, except against us obviously!! ;-)

That flood of top class new signings must surely be just around the corner...
  • And then there were two.

Good luck Dorian shame to lose you.
  • Shame. Liked Dorian and was starting to add consistency to his game towards the end of the season. All the best Dorian.
  • Disappointed he has gone. Just hope we offer Morro a contract.
  • Very sorry to see him go. Good Luck for the future. Xx
  • Decent footballing centre back and capable of popping up with a few goals. Really unhappy he's gone
  • It is all one way traffic at the moment... gulp!
  • Sponsored links:

• Our best centre half. In April he was keen to stay. Now he's gone. Bad.
  • Bad news, we will miss Dorian. Thank you for all your efforts for CAFC.
  • Thought he was dreadfully limited, but improved incredibly over the season. We've ended up losing a very good player there.
  • Good luck Dorian, felt that he was getting better with every game and that we had more to see from him.
  • Au revoir Dorian. Merci beaucoup.
  • I just think it's disgusting that a club that is up to its ears in debt can be allowed to outbid us on player wages. FFP my arse!
  • Rizzo said:

I just think it's disgusting that a club that is up to its ears in debt can be allowed to outbid us on player wages. FFP my arse!

the thing is they are in dept to there board not the bank,that's the diference

• Very sad to hear this now confirmed.

I liked Dorian & felt he deserved more votes than he achieved in the recent POTY poll.

Hope he continues to prove he is a very decent defender & goes from strength to strength oop north.
  • Disappointing to lose him to Bolton, I doubt they're offering big bucks given the state that they're in financially and I actually think DD could play for a better team than them.

Best of luck, had a really good year last season and sorry to see him go.
  • edited May 2014
    I think the most fortunate party in the 'letting the players contracts run down' dabacle were/are the players!

Explains why Wiggins form dipped so badly in the last few months.