Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RD doesn't like it if you don't play the players from his network

We hear this statement a lot on CL but how many of you actually believes it's true?

Is this the real reason why JR was not offered a permanent contract at the club or are many of us just jumping to conclusions?

Discuss

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    It was a hugely contentious issue when Powell was manager and played a big part in him leaving.

As for Riga, who knows. Maybe when someone RD trusted had a similarly negative opinion of the players brought in he took that opinion more seriously, but that is purely speculation.
  • Options
    Agreed NLA
  • Options
    I would have given it more credence if Riga hadn't played practically the same players that Powell had/would have had (e.g. Obika) at his own discretion, and if Thuram's tantrum hadn't essentially guaranteed that network players were NOT in fact given any preference even if they assumed otherwise. Reza, AA, Thuram all were bit players, Nego only ever appeared once, our very own home grown Solly came straight back into RB.

Belgian Bob is already basically a nodding dog yes-man toady in the eyes of many before he even takes the job (if indeed he does), but we have had NO-ONE in an actual position to know that RD was directly pressurising any manager to play specific players.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    What is for sure. By the time we kick a ball in anger next season the RD "network" will have laid its cards on the table and made its intentions much clearer to the support. A new coaching and playing set up will be in place.

Will all the speculation, bias and second guessing end on CL? Never! and so it should always be IMO.
  • Options
    Very worrying if so, TRR.
  • Options
    We will never know. If it is the case we can only hope that RD will reflect that the scouting teams landed us with some utter shite, and will be a bit smarter with who he trusts in future
  • Options

We will never know. If it is the case we can only hope that RD will reflect that the scouting teams landed us with some utter shite, and will be a bit smarter with who he trusts in future

IF he realises this. He's already underestimated this league once. Let's hope RD, Katrien and Peeters don't make that mistake again. My theory is that we we'll become a glorified shop window for Roland and his network players. How can the FA Football League stand by and let that happen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

IF he realises this. He's already underestimated this league once. Let's hope RD, Katrien and Peeters don't make that mistake again. My theory is that we we'll become a glorified shop window for Roland and his network players. How can the FA Football League stand by and let that happen?
    We're all doomed.
  • Options

I believe it. Heard form yet another reliable source recently that RD emailed Powell to ask Powell why Thuram wasn't playing and Powell responded by saying "Because Alnwick has kept x amount of clean sheets." RD then said Alnwick won't play for the club again.

Following on from this, RD told all his network players that they would be playing against Sheffield Utd. Jackson got wind of this, went to Powell, asked him, Powell said that will not be the case. None of them start that game and RD sacks Powell.

As for Riga, I have no idea. But he didn't play many either did he? I assume he's also told RD they're not good enough.

It's worth remembering we stayed up with the majority of the team made up of existing and academy pre-network players.

Just who is your reliable source? BexleyBoy? If you're going to make such sweeping statements you should be prepared to reveal your source otherwise it's best saying nowt.
  • Options
    I believe the manager has no say what players come in and out of the club and RD and his network give the ma
  • Options
    Putting it simply. I think it's bollix. Every player at The Valley is "a network " player.

I think those that were brought in quickly to bolster the squad were expected to strengthen the team but as admitted the quality of the championship was higher than thought and most were not good enough.

As for RD saying of Alnwick "he'll never play for the club again" I just don't believe that. In fact if that ever is proven beyond doubt then my attendance at The Valley stops there until RD is gone.
  • Options
    The story I have heard is a little less dramatic, and one you can hear throughout the business world all the time. RD and CP did not immediately hit it off, and so the quality of dialogue started badly and went downhill from there. It's suggested that CP perhaps wasn't prepared to ring RD back and make his case re various players. Riga came in with the advantage of already enjoying RD's trust. So when Riga said "I'm not playing Thuram et al because they are not good enough", RD accepted it from him. That just happens all the time in the business world.

I remain perplexed as to why RD has let Riga go in such an apparently clumsy way, but I doubt it's to do with playing the shower that were sent over in Jan.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I believe it. Heard form yet another reliable source recently that RD emailed Powell to ask Powell why Thuram wasn't playing and Powell responded by saying "Because Alnwick has kept x amount of clean sheets." RD then said Alnwick won't play for the club again.

Following on from this, RD told all his network players that they would be playing against Sheffield Utd. Jackson got wind of this, went to Powell, asked him, Powell said that will not be the case. None of them start that game and RD sacks Powell.

As for Riga, I have no idea. But he didn't play many either did he? I assume he's also told RD they're not good enough.

It's worth remembering we stayed up with the majority of the team made up of existing and academy pre-network players.

Just who is your reliable source? BexleyBoy? If you're going to make such sweeping statements you should be prepared to reveal your source otherwise it's best saying nowt.
    I don't think you'd hear that from BexleyBoy - I think he's one of the main cheerleaders for all things 'network'......

• Options
    micks1950 said:

I don't think you'd hear that from BexleyBoy - I think he's one of the main cheerleaders for all things 'network'......

Indeed, and no things CP...

• Sponsored links:

• Options

No idea who or what Bexley Boy is.

There's plenty of sweeping statements all over CL, not just mine.

• Options
    If you were trying to solve a crime one of the things you'd want to understand is motive.

What nobody has explained is what Duchatelet would be seeking to achieve if he forced his Coaches and/or Managers to play network signings who simply aren't good enough for the team they've joined.

How does such an approach add value, exactly? Why would he do it?
  • Options

If you were trying to solve a crime one of the things you'd want to understand is motive.

What nobody has explained is what Duchatelet would be seeking to achieve if he forced his Coaches and/or Managers to play network signings who simply aren't good enough for the team they've joined.

To showcase them in a game that was televised around the world?
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Because its the theory of an internet 'worrier'.
  • Options
    What usually follows the phrase "shop window" is the word dummy. Showcasing talent is one thing but that will get you relegated without question. Leaving a devalued shop window.

I just cannot buy into all this conspiracy stuff. It makes no sense.
  • Options

What usually follows the phrase "shop window" is the word dummy. Showcasing talent is one thing but that will get you relegated without question. Leaving a devalued shop window.

I just cannot buy into all this conspiracy stuff. It makes no sense.

But can you make any sense of the Riga situation ? None of it makes much sense.
  • Options

I don't know the answer to that - but, from memory, the suggestion at the time (from Airman I believe - although I'm sure he'll correct me if I've mis-remembered) was that the particular problem (last straw?) was the Sheffield United game which was televised and it was suggested that Duchatelet wanted certain players to have the wider public exposure/'put in the shop window' of television......?
  • Options
    I think TRR some of what you've been told is true

The email part is most definitely true but SHG has nailed it all the players we have currently are network players

But look at it another way

Name all the signings powelly made and then mark them success or failure and when we get to the same number for the next mgrs of cafc let's measure it then

Until that point we are no different to any other club