Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Body Image

2»

Comments

• Options

Being Prime minister isn't like any other job you are the leader of a country and the GB public, the rest of Parliament and the rest of the world need to respect you and have confidence in you. Having the right look and being able to walk right and talk right is all part of that. That's why a scrawny, geeky looking man won't get elected. Its human nature not a reflection on society.

But that's my point NA how will young people aspire to top jobs if they are not blessed with good looks.
  • Options

Being Prime minister isn't like any other job you are the leader of a country and the GB public, the rest of Parliament and the rest of the world need to respect you and have confidence in you. Having the right look and being able to walk right and talk right is all part of that. That's why a scrawny, geeky looking man won't get elected. Its human nature not a reflection on society.

But that's my point NA how will young people aspire to top jobs if they are not blessed with good looks.
    You don't have to be born with good, model like looks. Go to the gym, get a decent haircut, buy a nice suit and use skin treatment. If you're a woman get a boob job.
  • Options
    The last bit was tongue in cheek before anyone cries.
  • Options

Getting a job is hard enough for youngsters but should looks, size etc be taken into account for a job?

My partner's son is 29. He went to Uni and got an art degree. Pretty intelligent and a really nice fella but he's gone down the road of having tattoo's (lots of tattoos) and those ear stretchers (big holes in his ear lobes). Do you think he can get a job in the creative media industry. The answers is no. Gets plenty of interviews but as soon as they see him... Appearance is everything. Currently working in a bakery.
    He could probably get a job in the I.T. department at my work. It's fucking scary down there, I tell ya! All tattoos, piercings, holes in the body etc. I doubt anyone of them can go abroad on holiday, they have so much metal in their faces they'd never get through the scanners.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I thought Labour stuck poor old Ed in charge because they knew they didn't have a cat in hells chance of convincing people they were worth a vote for the next few years after they were given the boot.
    Time to get serious labour. Dave's f****d up! You can come out now.
  • Options
    You'll never get elected Prime Minister if you are bald. Fact.
  • Options

Getting a job is hard enough for youngsters but should looks, size etc be taken into account for a job?

My partner's son is 29. He went to Uni and got an art degree. Pretty intelligent and a really nice fella but he's gone down the road of having tattoo's (lots of tattoos) and those ear stretchers (big holes in his ear lobes). Do you think he can get a job in the creative media industry. The answers is no. Gets plenty of interviews but as soon as they see him... Appearance is everything. Currently working in a bakery.
    He could probably get a job in the I.T. department at my work. It's fucking scary down there, I tell ya! All tattoos, piercings, holes in the body etc. I doubt anyone of them can go abroad on holiday, they have so much metal in their faces they'd never get through the scanners.
    He came back with another Tattoo yesterday. Had 'Stay Rad' inked across the back of his hand and knuckles.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

You'll never get elected Prime Minister if you are bald. Fact.

I'll stick to pole dancing then.
  • Options

He came back with another Tattoo yesterday. Had 'Stay Rad' inked across the back of his hand and knuckles.

He's not doing himself any favours then :)
  • Options

Whereas a fat bloke who looks like a Bulldog, a slap head with a posh accent or a grey bloke who looks like a DSS clerk did get elected, during a time when human beings were different creatures then?

It is a total reflection on todays society - in years gone by it was what you said that mattered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

It's true, Id prefer to have the country run by a racist than a ugly person....

Ah, a 4th flag. Thanks babe x
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    .x
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I kept trying to quote on different comments on this thread as been shocked by some. But too many shocking comments.

Who the hell said Blair was voted in as he was good looking? Or something like that? Bruv... Let me tell you what a woman thinks a handsome man looks like. It won't be tony frigging Blair!