Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things to make you smile and happy the future of our Charlton Athletic

I noticed that recently we have been becoming very negative and worried, the normal traits of a Charlton life poster ;) RD has been dug out a lot in which I don't think that's fair, so I have came up with some promising facts about our future under RD and why we shouldn't all be as worried:

1.Roland is paying to upgrade our training ground so its a premier league standard.
2.we have a nice new pitch being sorted.
3.we have a top academy which RD is keen to exploit and use to its full potential.
4.we having promising players coming through eg: Cousins,Poyet,Lennon,Fox,Harriot,pope,Gomez,Holmes - to name a few.
5.The club is trying to improve the "match day experience" at the ground- which is very good.
6.Roland isn't afraid to make changes, right or wrong ( so far right ) i like the fact our owner does not, and will not mess about.
7.Steve Avory is now running our academy which is very promising.
8.we are reducing our wages and making cuts to meet the FFFP regulations - this will bite other clubs.
9.For the first time in a while we are financially stable.
10.Bob peeters is very highly regarded in Belgium as a Very good coach,with huge potential and will do well with us - yes i could be wrong and could all be inaccurate but id much rather hear it then not.

Guys look im not a RD groupie or nothing , But we have alot to look forward to.

our young players will have good sell on value which is more profit for the club.

I see people say we are loosing our identity ? way I look at it RD is making us archive success by using our youth system and sticking to the FFFP rules , kind of a another Southampton ..
So our identity will be a club that uses its youth to build success - i have no problem with that !

Lets get behind RD as one lets get all together and get behind the new gaffer!

COYR

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    This is no place for this kind of thing. Sink.

;0)
  • Options
    Ah the first rival to the panic thread.. It's a conspiracy I tell yah
  • Options
    Leuth said:

agree with the sentiment if not the grammar

I'm going to get my old English teacher after you for that
  • Options
    Agree with the points and I'm not against RD

The main concern I can understand though is peoples fears that RD is using us as his 2nd choice. Are we just going to get hand me downs rather than scouring the transfer market and will we lose our best players/coaches to Liege if they are tried, tested and successful here.

I like what he's doing so far, I just don't want us to lose our individual identity.
  • Options
    Add to that the most important one of all: we have our own fantastic stadium and we are not sharing some other club's shitty ground.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

agree with the sentiment if not the grammar

Sentences start with a capital and end with a full stop.

• Options
    we need a name manager you bastards.dowie or something at least
  • Options
    :o :x ;_; -_-
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm looking forward to us not being the only football club in the country that does not sell pies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Positivity? None of that, do you know where you are!
  • Options
    11. I'm looking forward to not feeling so down when we lose as i don't really care if Belgium Athletic lose
  • Options
    sham69 said:

what about andy nelson eh?you philistines
  • Options
    sham69 said:

• Options
    sham69 said:

• Options
    sham69 said:

• Options
    sham69 said:

• Options
    Say it again, didn't quite catch it the first time
  • Options
    andy nelson,it was just a joke,honestly, got any better ideas?