Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Moore

2»

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:

I paid a £5 for him.

I only paid a quid . They must have seen you coming !
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I paid a £5 for him.

That's the equivalent of about £500 in today's money !!!
  • Options
    50p was my effort
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I paid a fiver too. Only professional player I can claim to have purchased. Wish I had kept the little certificate.
  • Options
    Yeah I wonder where my certificate is?
  • Options
    I still have my £1 certificate
  • Options
    Me too.
  • Options
    I paid £3. Well done Ronnie and the 'Pool!
  • Options
    My mum's 'Ronnie Moore' certificate is in a Charlton scrapbook somewhere in her house. One of my earliest memories of going to the Valley was the Ronnie Moore chant. A very underrated manager who worked wonders at Rotherham, Tranmere and now Hartlepool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I put a fiver in as well. Have to congratulate him for keeping Hartlepool up.
  • Options
    I don't think I have my certificate any more, but I've just come across a load of stuff from late 70s early 80s that needs sorting through. Fingers crossed it's among them. Seem to recall I put £2 in but it was a long time ago, and I might have wanted to have a night out on that extra note...
  • Options
    rikofold said:

I don't think I have my certificate any more, but I've just come across a load of stuff from late 70s early 80s that needs to be donated to the Museum. Fingers crossed it's among them. Seem to recall I put £2 in but it was a long time ago, and I might have wanted to have a night out on that extra note...

Corrected for you ; - )
  • Options
    Sacked by Hartlepool this afternoon.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    This doesn't mention us at all but it is an entertaining watch mainly about his managerial career .

Whose the best manager in the football league ? 

Its you Ron Ron Ron .

Its you Ron Ron .

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ronnie+moore+&&view=detail&mid=D65D4ACF402DBCCDFBFDD65D4ACF402DBCCDFBFD&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=ronnie+moore+&FORM=HDRSC3
  • Options
    When with us he signed his son Ian to my Dads team in Wilmington who broke all scoring records and went on to be a pro. Ronnie would come down and take training every week and off to the Horse and Groom afterwards. Would do the presentation etc top bloke ..
  • Options
    When with us he signed his son Ian to my Dads team in Wilmington who broke all scoring records and went on to be a pro. Ronnie would come down and take training every week and off to the Horse and Groom afterwards. Would do the presentation etc top bloke ..
    Curbishley tried to sign Ian a couple of times. 
  • Options
    I think I bought his left testicle, still got it in jar somewhere.
  • Options
    Unless my memory deceives me, I recall seeing him take one of the worst penalty ever witnessed at The Valley - it cleared the stand!
  • Options
    I think I bought his left testicle, still got it in jar somewhere.
    That's bollocks!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless my memory deceives me, I recall seeing him take one of the worst penalty ever witnessed at The Valley - it cleared the stand!
    That was Lawrie Madden.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    That was Hayden, I played in the older age groups, my next door neighbour played in goal Graham Guy in the team Ian Moore played in he was the nephew of Dickie Guy who the older posters will remember famously saving a Peter Lorimer penalty at Elland Road for then non league Wimbledon
  • Options
    That was Lawrie Madden.
    Lawrie Madden was left footed. Ronnie Moore was right footed. I'm not sure how I could get that so wrong!
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    This doesn't mention us at all but it is an entertaining watch mainly about his managerial career .

Whose the best manager in the football league ? 

Its you Ron Ron Ron .

Its you Ron Ron .

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ronnie+moore+&&view=detail&mid=D65D4ACF402DBCCDFBFDD65D4ACF402DBCCDFBFD&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=ronnie+moore+&FORM=HDRSC3
    That was excellent - thanks for posting. a good dose of old school football humour.

Wasn’t Ronnie the player who came back from training to find his bags outside the room at the Clarendon Hotel in Blackheath because the club hadn’t paid the bill ? 

I might listen to a few more of these, as the hosts are a good combination - a journalist and a couple of ex-players, including Jon ‘The Beast’ Parkin. I shall, however, probably give the Iain Dowie episode a swerve

• Options
    edited April 3
  • Options
    That was Hayden, I played in the older age groups, my next door neighbour played in goal Graham Guy in the team Ian Moore played in he was the nephew of Dickie Guy who the older posters will remember famously saving a Peter Lorimer penalty at Elland Road for then non league Wimbledon
     I haven’t seen Fraham Guy for 30 years @northstandsteve , we were the two goalies fighting over the goalkeeper spot for Notth Kent in the early 90’s

small world sometimes isn’t it!
  • Options
    That was Lawrie Madden.
    Lawrie Madden was left footed. Ronnie Moore was right footed. I'm not sure how I could get that so wrong!
    Ronnie Moore might have been right-footed, but Lawrie Madden was definitely neither-footed.