Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drummer Lee Rigby - Lest We Forget

1235»

Comments

• Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

brogib said:

So neither of you think that not putting a memorial up might be playing into the hands of the Islamists then?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think that.

The man deserved to be remembered for his life, not his death. The murderers deserve to be forgotten.

The murderers themselves should be forgotten, but not the reason why they murdered. That should be at the forefront of everyone's mind in order to combat the warped ideology they and many others have.
    You're under the wrong assumption that there might actually be a reason for the murders. There wasn't.
    Really? Of course there was a reason in the murderers minds. They pretty much blurted it out to the world on camera afterwards.
    The twisted, garbled mumblings of two, obviously-disturbed, moronic, hard-of-thinking nihilists can't be confused with a "reason".

They, and their petty, pathetic excuses, should be placed far from the conciousness of the public and gradually, slowly and permanently forgotten.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Common sense prevails

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/6649299/Victory-for-Lee-Rigby-as-council-agree-to-memorial-plaque.html

Reported in The sun but also mentioned on BBC Radio news earlier

"MURDERED soldier Lee Rigby will be honoured with a memorial near where he died in a victory for a Sun on Sunday campaign.

Council chiefs finally agreed to fund a permanent plaque after blocking a tribute for two years. Lee, 25, was killed by two jihadists in Woolwich, South East London.

Lee’s mum Lyn poured out her gratitude after authorities who had stood in the way finally backed down under relentless pressure from our vast army of readers."
  • Options
    3 years today. Lest we forget. RIP.

I believe there is something happening today. I heard bikers paying homage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-36334029
  • Options

3 years today. Lest we forget. RIP.

I believe there is something happening today. I heard bikers paying homage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-36334029

I was there about an hour or so ago. Seemed like thousands of bikers riding past paying their respects. Very little mention on the news generally, about the anniversary.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

brogib said:

So neither of you think that not putting a memorial up might be playing into the hands of the Islamists then?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think that.

The man deserved to be remembered for his life, not his death. The murderers deserve to be forgotten.

The murderers themselves should be forgotten, but not the reason why they murdered. That should be at the forefront of everyone's mind in order to combat the warped ideology they and many others have.
    You're under the wrong assumption that there might actually be a reason for the murders. There wasn't.
    Hello @Covered End - what was the reason for flagging this year-old comment? I still don't think there was any REASON for these despicable murders.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I think you answered your own question, but I am not going to debate the issue as I believe it would be disrespectful.

RIP Lee.

NB My wife was there yesterday and there were indeed "hundreds if not thousands of bikers that went to St Georges chapel for a service, I believe.
  • Options

I think you answered your own question, but I am not going to debate the issue as I believe it would be disrespectful.

RIP Lee.

NB My wife was there yesterday and there were indeed "hundreds if not thousands of bikers that went to St Georges chapel for a service, I believe.

You flagged my comment which said I don't believe there was a reason for the murders. I'd be interested to know why.

The mentally-distrurbed, nihilists who committed this heinous, horrendous act of unforgiveable savagery shouldn't be allowed to claim there was a reason for it. There wasn't. It was simply an act of disgusting violence.

Maybe you think there is a reason? In which case, I would simply disagree.

But flagging my comment after a year seems odd.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

RIP Lee.

You flagged my comment which said I don't believe there was a reason for the murders. I'd be interested to know why.

The mentally-distrurbed, nihilists who committed this heinous, horrendous act of unforgiveable savagery shouldn't be allowed to claim there was a reason for it. There wasn't. It was simply an act of disgusting violence.

Maybe you think there is a reason? In which case, I would simply disagree.

But flagging my comment after a year seems odd.
    They did it because they were influenced by a warped interpretation of Islam that has declared global jihad on the rest of the world in recent years. It's a rhetoric which views the rest of sane society either as infidels or "not proper" in the case of the fellow muslims they murder for anyone who doesn't subscribe to their warped version of Islam.

That was the reason they butchered an innocent young man.

Same as those dicks who picket soldiers funerals and bomb abortion clinics in the US in the name of their warped interpretation of Christianity.

Warped nutters yes but to declare they do not have a reason is incorrect.

Perverted and extreme interpretation of religion is the reason.
  • Options
    4 years today

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesnt seem like 6yrs ago. I still remember watching the news that morning and feeling sick.
    RIP
  • Options
    Can’t believe it was six years ago. RIP.
  • Options
    Pains us all to be reminded every year......but it’s a pain we just have to deal with and remember.
  • Options
    May he rest in peace and may it never happen again 
  • Options
    22nd May.  The same day of the year as the Manchester arena atrocity.  What a dark day.

Horrible horrible day. 

• Options
    This was a terrible death that can never be forgiven. The murderers must rot in jail.