Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So whats your favourite nut?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm allergic....so none of them!
  • Options
    I used to really dislike walnuts but now I'm quite partial to them.
  • Options

Plain old almonds. Drink almond milk too now I've ditched dairy.

How do you milk an almond?

• Options

Plain old almonds. Drink almond milk too now I've ditched dairy.

How do you milk an almond?

Twice a day.

It's the nuts.

• Options
    sasha grey
  • Options

A true nut, botanically speaking, is a hard-shelled pod that contains both the fruit and seed of the plant, where the fruit does not open to release the seed to the world. Some examples of botanical nuts are chestnuts, hazelnuts, and acorns.

Most of what we think of as nuts aren't really nuts at all, they're drupes! eg peaches, plums, cherries, mangoes, olives, dates, coffee, coconut, cashes, pistachio, brazil, walnuts, almonds, and pecans. A drupe is a type of fruit in which an outer fleshy part surrounds a shell (what we sometimes call a pit) with a seed inside. The ones we think of as nuts are the drupes in which we eat the seed inside the pit instead of the fruit!

Peanuts are not nuts—they are members of the legume family, hence related to peas. The shells are pods, and the peanuts are seeds.

Surely everyone knew that, didn't they?
  • Options
    Fruit 'N'
  • Options
    Dough-nut
  • Options
    Busta
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bananas
  • Options
    Brazilians my favourite
  • Options
    Carter said:

Hazel

Not too keen the hair.
  • Options
    I learn so much stuff on this site!
    I don't think you can beat a honey roasted cashew.
    The Brazil nut (in its shell still) made a reappearance last Christmas. For some reason you could only buy them already shelled for years.
  • Options

A true nut, botanically speaking, is a hard-shelled pod that contains both the fruit and seed of the plant, where the fruit does not open to release the seed to the world. Some examples of botanical nuts are chestnuts, hazelnuts, and acorns.

Most of what we think of as nuts aren't really nuts at all, they're drupes! eg peaches, plums, cherries, mangoes, olives, dates, coffee, coconut, cashes, pistachio, brazil, walnuts, almonds, and pecans. A drupe is a type of fruit in which an outer fleshy part surrounds a shell (what we sometimes call a pit) with a seed inside. The ones we think of as nuts are the drupes in which we eat the seed inside the pit instead of the fruit!

Peanuts are not nuts—they are members of the legume family, hence related to peas. The shells are pods, and the peanuts are seeds.

Fantastic absolutely fantastic. You are a nut connisseur.

my favorite nut is a honey roasted peanut. Actually mixed bag of them and cashews. I dont care if thats disallowed on a technicality
  • Options

Cashews and pistachios but I like them all except for macadamias.

Almond butter is tons better than peanut butter but sadly us much more expensive.

Quite easy to make at home, just chuck your nuts in a food processor and whizz them up

• Options
    At this moment in time RD.