Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mad Men

Anyone else watch this brilliant tv series? Current series has been really good, episode that aired tonight was up their with the one with don's return to the firm.

Comments

• Options
    Superlative television. Every episode is fantastic - manages the neat trick of being about nothing in particular, but is still compelling viewing.
  • Options
    it really is good

dark and heavy undertone throughout

deals with social change in 60s...and female director to deal with rising female power in a very smart way
  • Options
    Get enough of that logging on to CL.
  • Options
    Absolutely love this show. Haven't watched it since Season 6 though. Maybe I just got tired of seeing Don Draper having affairs... Nevertheless a top quality TV series and one of my all-time favourites. Will catch up on Season 6 and 7 soon.

By the way, @Bedsaddick I'm looking foward to the 'Top Five Best TV Series' thread! ;-)
  • Options
    Love this show but am only up to season 3, so will promptly leave this thread before I see see too much.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Have just watched series 1-6 on box sets for the second time and it still keeps giving.

For me, the best TV drama ever made, and I include The Sopranos I in that,not that it's a competition.

Some years ago I was told I looked 'a bit like Don Draper'. Not remotely true of course, but probably due to the fact I drank neat scotch and fell asleep at work...
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Have just watched series 1-6 on box sets for the second time and it still keeps giving.

For me, the best TV drama ever made, and I include The Sopranos I in that,not that it's a competition.

Some years ago I was told I looked 'a bit like Don Draper'. Not remotely true of course, but probably due to the fact I drank neat scotch and fell asleep at work...

I'd hold the sopranos above mad men, partly because mad men's showrunner Matthew Weinar's writing style is heavily influenced by the sopranos. Unsurprising, as he was a writer on it for the last 2 seasons or so. It's definitely the best non HBO series ever made.
  • Options
    Great show - feels like they aren't quite sure how to end it though
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Great show - feels like they aren't quite sure how to end it though

i've heard/have a feeling from what matt weinar's said in interviews that it will be as controversial as the ending of the sopranos. I think i read he's told his wife and some one else the ending, they've both said it's a terrible idea but he's going to do it anyway.