Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plastering / painting in Abbey Wood

I've just bought a 2-up 2-down terrace in Abbey Wood. I need to get a bit of relatively basic decorating work done to tidy it up - it's in okay condition but there are a few bits of the walls in the lounge and bedrooms where there are holes / tears in the plasterwork where fixtures have been removed etc. The lounge and 2nd bedroom also look like an unflattering pastiche of the decor in Del Boy's flat. Therefore just want to get somebody to make good the various plasterwork issues and freshly repaint with a couple of coats of white/magnolia.

Kitchen and bathroom are all good so really just talking about 2 bedrooms, lounge/diner and hall/stairs.

Anybody got an approximate grasp on how much this might set me back? And/or any recommendations of decorators, or any addicks on here who might be interested?

Would like to do it myself ideally but so manic at work at the minute that I just don't have the time to just get it done.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Just a suggestion, ask @PL54 ?
    His Father has done brilliant work in my the place where I last lived.
  • Options
    Polish Pete might be available, call RD.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ah its a big job dat is mucker. oi can chucker it for yer but yisser lookin' at £5000, that's for me ma's new caravan. we can tarmac it for yer
  • Options
    If you post the job on ratedpeople.com, you can get a couple of free quotes and see feedback from previous jobs. Pretty good way to find a decent tradesman if you don't already know one.
  • Options
    @pl54 , any interest?