Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Valley - tv drama (ed. And now The Missing)

edited October 2014 in Not Sports Related
anyone following this tv drama on BBC. There have been a few recently with Prey ending on Monday, but they just keep getting better & better. Last nights one really choked me up & although it was hard hitting it is true to life.

Sarah Lancashire deserves an award.......awesome acting.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Interesting you say that GA.

I watched the first one and thought it was very average and not very believable. Has it improved since then? Prey was decent viewing but a complete rip off of Line of Duty. John Simms was superb though.

For me Line of Duty was the best British drama for a long long time.

Watching it up against stuff like True Detective and Fargo might have skewed my judgement somewhat though. Completely different budgets, cinematography and acting.
  • Options
    Prey was a bit disappointing for me. But, I agree, Happy Valley is very very good. And its depth is a bit unexpected for a Tuesday night drama.
  • Options
    Upon openeing the thread I was thinking Roland might have an unexpected touch of David Brent and decided to invite the cameras in.
  • Options
    really "enjoying" Happy Valley. although very fraught last night, and agree with you Golfie re Sarah L, if she is in a drama it is usually good, this was written by the same woman that wrote last Tango in Halifax
  • Options
    Been taping it. Is it a bit grim ?
  • Options
    Really good, Sarah Lancashire is fantastic, prey was ok but a bit far fetched for my liking
  • Options
    Best thing on TV by a mile (well apart from Game of Thrones)
  • Options
    Praise be the lord. I agree with golfie.

Best programme on TV at the moment.

The 1st episode starts slow & I was thinking this won't be much cop. But then it really picked up & the 2nd & 3rd episodes were excellent.

Yes it's grim, but Sarah Lancashire is excellent.
  • Options
    It is grim but excellent drama and well worth watching. Prey was ok but fell a bit short.
  • Options
    Brilliant but far from happy....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steve Pemberton's performance deserves mention. A very talented actor.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

it has grim bits but give it a go, the Lass is very anti grim and is watching it

• Options
    iPlayer for me then!
  • Options
    Missed first episode but saw next two. This week's very disturbing. 'Happy' isn't a word I'd associate with it!
  • Options
    I don't usually like Sarah Lancashire but she is excellent in this.
  • Options
    Episode 4 tonight.
  • Options
    Bloody hell !
  • Options
    that was a bit uncomfortable but compelling viewing and the best tv drama this year
  • Options
    Might as well cancel now next years BAFTA's. Best drama I've seen for a long, long while.
  • Options
    Was a bit grim there at end.

Excellent series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought nothing would beat Line of Duty this year. Happy Valley is furlongs ahead.
  • Options
    Great viewing with great acting
  • Options

You can tell, by the look on your face.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    yes it is a bit grim towards the end of this episode, but necessary. You can always hide behind the sofa and fast forward the end bit
  • Options
    Agree with all this. The gf got me watching it and Lancashire is amazing, it is grisly and I've not seen this weeks yet as I'm away. Actually looking forward (grimly) to watching it when I get back Friday
  • Options
    Just watched it on iPlayer - left me shaking....
  • Options
    Watched 5 episodes today back to back. Excellent drama indeed. Best thing the BBC have put out for a long time.
  • Options

it has grim bits but give it a go, the Lass is very anti grim and is watching it

Glad I did, loving it.

As for Best thing beeb hav put out for a while, this, Line of Duty, great train robbery have all been great
  • Options
    Looking forward to Tuesday's finale!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Great series and only filmed around the corner from me in |Sowerby Bridge... in fact it was the unc @eaststandmike‌ who called me to say he recognized it as where I used to live which made me watch it....the geezer trying to set himself on fire in the playground is where I lived from about 4 to 11 years old, my school was next door to the park, my house behind the flats...referred to in the programme as Sowerby Bridge but actually that scene was Elland! - an Addick connection!!..roll on series 2