Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday dinnnnaah

Roast / No roast today ?

Just had Pork, roast spuds, cabbage, brockers, sweet potato, carrots, Yorkshire pud, apple sauce. Followed by apple pie and vanilla ice cream, and washed down with a can of lager.

Nearly as handsome as @Stone that lot!

Comments

• Options
    Yep, coming up soon. Just a cheap one - three bird roast from Collymore Lidl. Love 'em.
  • Options
    Roast lamb with the works. Just waiting for the roast spuds to Crisp up.
  • Options
    Not today. Toasted parma ham and mozzarella ciabatta for me.
  • Options
  • Options
    Looks like AFKA really enjoyed his dinner - starkers.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Traditional in our house, always has been always will be. The only dinner of the week where we can all sit down together around the table put the world to rights and enjoy a good feast. And long may it continue.
  • Options
    Can someone explain to me why you don't always get Yorkshire pud with roast lamb or roast pork?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Eggs with homemade Kerala style curry sauce, mint in light creme fraiche, fresh salade avec homemade French dressing, pomegranate vinegar substituted for White wine vinegar, saffron Camargue rice plus an ocean of Rose de Provence.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Can someone explain to me why you don't always get Yorkshire pud with roast lamb or roast pork?

We do 'Aunt Bessie's' don't have restrictions on the packet do they? :-)
    As @AddickUpNorth will confirm Yorkshire Pud is a starter filled with gravy, it's only us softy southerners who have it on our plates for Sunday dinner.
  • Options
    Is this really what we are resorting to already, season only ended a week ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hair of the dog, Paulie :-)

• Options
    edited May 2014

You better believe it! Anyway when's the next big snooker tournament then mate? :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

As @AddickUpNorth will confirm Yorkshire Pud is a starter filled with gravy, it's only us softy southerners who have it on our plates for Sunday dinner.
    Surely it's a pudding rather than a starter?
  • Options
    currently cooking roast pork, jersey spuds with mint and butter, apple sauce, cabbage and green beans - smells lovely
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    MrOneLung said:

RedChaser said:

Ok I know you're setting me up for a'Whoooosh' but no it is a starter the size of a round dinner plate filled with gravy, which my aunt from Leeds used to give us when we visited when I was a kid.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

MrOneLung said:

RedChaser said:

Ok I know you're setting me up for a'Whoooosh' but no it is a starter the size of a round dinner plate filled with gravy, which my aunt from Leeds used to give us when we visited when I was a kid.
    Was it difficult to eat with a ferret down your trousers?
  • Options

RedChaser said:

MrOneLung said:

RedChaser said:

Was it difficult to eat with a ferret down your trousers?
    I was too knackered to notice having taken the whippets out for their daily exercise.
  • Options

Eggs with homemade Kerala style curry sauce, mint in light creme fraiche, fresh salade avec homemade French dressing, pomegranate vinegar substituted for White wine vinegar, saffron Camargue rice plus an ocean of Rose de Provence.

You've been watching too much Masterchef.
  • Options

What's for afters? :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

What's for afters? :-)
    Spotted dick?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014

Pot. Kettle. Black..

Was supposed to be having M&S Beef, but bought it earlier in the week and it was way too tempting. Got eaten on Thursday.

• Options

Pot. Kettle. Black..

Was supposed to be having M&S Beef, but bought it in earlier in the week and it was way to tempting. Got eaten on Thursday.

Sausages again Clem?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Pot. Kettle. Black..

Was supposed to be having M&S Beef, but bought it in earlier in the week and it was way to tempting. Got eaten on Thursday.

Sausages again Clem?
    Nope. Just sent the wife off to Papa Johns. 50% off when you spend 15.00!
  • Options
    Roast Pork with seasoned crackling, crispy roast potatoes, honey roasted parsnips, garden vegetables, apple and thyme stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, proper gravy and some apple purée.

Followed by home made marscapone cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries and cream.
  • Options
    This thread makes me want to un-emigrate.
  • Options
    Lettuce leaf and a tomato - bloody diets.
  • Options
    Gnocchi with chicken, spicy tomato sauce and peppers while perfecting the art of cooking and dancing.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Just got home from the Toby carvery crook log....all the trimmings and finished with treacle sponge and custard....can't move now!
  • Options

Just got home from the Toby carvery crook log....all the trimmings and finished with treacle sponge and custard....can't move now!

Had breakfast in there this morning, not bad for £3.99.
  • Options

Roast Pork with seasoned crackling, crispy roast potatoes, honey roasted parsnips, garden vegetables, apple and thyme stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, proper gravy and some apple purée.

Followed by home made marscapone cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries and cream.

I don't suppose you're married are you?