Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

training ground works to go ahead

2»

Comments

• I'm with you, I was just helping out the CL doom mongers with an angle. Got lost in translation obviously.
  • I'm with you, I was just helping out the CL doom mongers with an angle. Got lost in translation obviously.

Think you should have just given an almighty WHOOSH there ;)
  • The key moment is when the trucks trundle down Sparrows Lane, in this instance I won't believe it when it's on the OS, but when the spades get going.
  • it hasn't been on the OS yet, or have I missed it?
  • Further to the announcement in the programme we now learn that the timetable is:

Appoint project team 10/11/14

Feasibility studies and concept design 10/11/14 to 19/12/14

Design development for planning 5/1/15 to 30/1/15

Planning submission 30/1/15

Detailed Design Development 30/1/15 to 11/06/15

Planning approval 1/5/15

Procurement and appoint contractor 15/6/15 to 11/9/15

Lead in 14/9/15 to 9/10/15

Construction (14 Months) 21/10/15 to 2/12/16

Start on site 12/10/15

Integrated training Centre and Community Facility 12/10/15 to 15/7/16
  • Thought I would get in the following analysis before the naysayers do:-

Don't be fooled, RD is just an asset stripper, this is just part of a scheme to own an asset created from other peoples money he can strip out later on.

Dippenhall - please explain. All I see is another positive step for CAFC`s youth set up upgrading status to protect player investment with the owner seeking as much outside investment as possible.

ops...........whoooooshhhhh :blush:

• Roll on the 21st October this year.

I think that was quite categorically the WHOOSH of the year, can't believe how many people took the bait.

I understood!
  • edited February 2015
    Original time table

Planning approval 1/5/15

Handover of site 12/10/15

Does anyone know or can find out if a planning submission was made?

From my limited experience these plans rarely stay on schedule so won't be a surprise or a cause of panic if not but would be interesting to know.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015

Original time table

Planning approval 1/5/15

Handover of site 12/10/15

Does anyone know or can find out if a planning submission was made?

From my limited experience these plans rarely stay on schedule so won't be a surprise or a cause of panic if not but would be interesting to know.

Only this on the Greenwich Website, but it doesn't look like what you're looking for H.

http://publicaccess.royalgreenwich.gov.uk:81/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

Sooner they get this done the better, and alleviate the traffic in Sparrows Lane - (from a personal perspective)

• if this ever happens it would send out a positive signal.
  • edited February 2015
    Applications, once submitted, have to be validated by the council. This can take a while with larger applications because the planners will often ask for more information or they might just have a heavy workload. Only once the council is satisfied there is enough information to start the consultation will it be registered and details published. So I wouldn't say the fact it's not in the public domain already means anything.
  • Charlton will now submit a new planning application to the Royal Borough of Greenwich over the next two weeks, while maintaining dialogue with planning and highways officers.

The club will also continue to seek feedback from residents.

Once submitted, it is anticipated that it will take three-to-four months for the club to receive a decision on its application.

Further details of developments relating to the club's new training ground facility will continue to be published on www.cafc.co.uk over the coming weeks and months.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/residents-take-a-look-at-training-ground-plans-2346967.aspx#yQYzCeQyzElzJKPk.99

Would fit in with ground breaking in October
  • This development will be a screaming success at every level, providing, as looks likely, it goes ahead. I don't have a clue how it will be paid for, but then again the finances of the club are so convoluted it is very hard to understand all that stuff. Either way, as long as the club don't go bust because of the cost, we will have this facility on our patch which is excellent.
  • I look forward to this thread being resurrected in 12 months time when nothing has happened :smiley:
  • Interesting that the club have gone for the bare minimum size for the indoor pitch rather than the recommended size for Cat One status. I'd guess that was a compromise to try to keep the footprint of the building down to as small a size as possible?
    I hope they know what they are doing but it seems they are placing a lot of trust on whoever do the Cat One clearance not to use that as an excuse to turn us down.