Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spirit Raffle

Having purchase a ticket for the raffle at my local working mens club I won a bottle of baileys. So went to bar to get 3 empty glasses for my mate's and I was told by committee man that I was not allowed to open it in the club.Now my question to you is. IF I have bought the ticket with in the club surely I am intitled to open it.Over to you discuss please.

Comments

• Options
    It's a girls drink ;0)
  • Options
    I know but wasn't going to waste it
  • Options
    i won first prize in the spirt raffle got haunted by anna nicole smith for a month second prize was princess diana and third was maggie thatcher...
  • Options
    I'd say no you're not. Seems harsh, but you can only normally consume items purchased, be it food or drink.
  • Options
    Well he did purchase a ticket... but if that counts, it would mean all raffles involving spirits would have to be licensed I guess..
  • Options
    Cttee man was probably right but sounds like a proper jobsworth. Think I might have said to him. Fine then. I was going to have a few more drinks but don't think I'll bother now or in the future.
  • Options

i won first prize in the spirt raffle got haunted by anna nicole smith for a month second prize was princess diana and third was maggie thatcher...

Blimey, your choice of women is weird !
    ;-)

• Options
    Grandma's orgasm kit, you would have been well in.
  • Options
    I'm guessing you must be pretty young Beckboy. I'd have thought the same when I was what I think your age might be. Nowadays I'd tuck it away thinking, that's brilliant Christmas is sorted!
  • Options
    Blame it on Roland...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not that young Stig but if a a place has a licence to sell alcohol and you buy a ticket surely you have purchased a per cent in the prize ?.As I said probably a grey area.
  • Options
    You have purchased a ticket not a bottle of baileys. Therefore they can ask you to either consume off premises or charge you the shot by shot equivalent. If you won the meat raffle you couldnt expect them to cook it for you for a four person Sunday lunch.
  • Options

i won first prize in the spirt raffle got haunted by anna nicole smith for a month second prize was princess diana and third was maggie thatcher...</blockquote

Your lucky I got Jimmy Savile, it give my kids The Willies for months.