Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton Ath | Sat 3rd May | 12:15 KICK OFF | Final Match Preview of the Season...

Introduction

Who cares? We are SAFE.

The Opposition

Who cares? We are SAFE.

The Line –Up

Who cares? We are SAFE. ………..

In all seriousness, I better write something as it's the last preview of the season...

Tuesday night was easily one of the best nights if not the best night the Valley has witnessed this season.

From start to finish, despite never really reaching top gear, the Addicks looked like they were always going to get the three points.

Now that safety is a given, we can relax this weekend and enjoy a party mood against Blackpool who themselves could go down If results don’t go their way on Saturday.

The Opposition

After a very promising start to the season with Paul Ince in charge, Blackpool have had an awful run of form since the start of the new year, with Barry Ferguson’s side only winning three league games in 2014.

One of those wins came crucially last weekend in a 2-0 away victory over Wigan with goals from Andy Keogh and Stephen Dobbie scoring to lift Blackpool out of the relegation zone.

Due to the Addicks winning on Tuesday night, Blackpool now find themselves in 19th place and only three points ahead of 22nd Birmingham who also have a superior goal-difference. Consequently, if Blackpool lose to Charlton and the three teams below them manage to win, then the Seasiders will be relegated.

The Line –Up

As it is the end of the season, Jose Riga may decide to give a few of the fringe players a run out as well as some of the youngsters who may well be given a chance to play next season.

Although, Charlton may have to be professional and start their strongest possible team, which in my opinion is what the outcome will be.

If Riga does start with a strong side, then I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the same 11 that beat Watford 3-1 in midweek.

Andy Hughes is likely to make another cameo appearance or even start, as it may well be his final professional game in his career.

Alternatively, the likes of Polish Pete, Koc and Nego may also play a part at some point.

This fixture could also be the last appearance for many Addicks who are out of contract in the summer. The likes of Diego Poyet, Michael Morrison, Ben Hamer could well be playing their last game in a Charlton shirt as well as Marvin Sordell, due to his loan expiring at the end of the season.

The Prediction

Who cares…..we are safe? ;-)

1-1.

Comments

• Astrit for cousins, tho both look shattered
    0-1 Sordell
    Blackpool safe anyway
  • 4-2 to the Addicks - no pressure . Party time.
  • If ever a game had 0-0 written all over it.....
  • doubt Blackpool will get relegated - B'ham have such a better goal difference they would have to let in 5 or 6 without reply and we would have to score 3 or 4 (again, without letting any in) - aint going to happen so Blackpool safe too.........
  • Pools panel prediction : Away win
  • With one minute to go Charlton are 0-3 up and cruising at Blackpool, Brum have won at Bolton , Donny have won at Leicester and the Scum drew with Bournemouth leaving the Scum in the relegation spot
    Blackpool need to hold on and they are safe
    Church picks the ball up 40 yards out and smacks a piledriver in to the top corner to make it 0-4 and put Blackpool into the 3rd relegation spot and save millwall .........
    95% of Charlton fans including BDL are cheering the other 5% who understand the significance of the goal are heartbroken.
    The scum fans are celebrating in Zampa road
    Into injury time and Blackpool chuck everyone forward and with the last kick of the game step forward Andy Keogh ,on loan from the scum, who scuffs a pea roller into the back of the net to send the seasiders into delirium and make the backwaters of bermondsey a no go area for local residents for the rest of Saturday

1-4 to the Addicks and the 2,500 travelling fans who took advantage of the dream end of season Bank Holiday weekend fixture go out and paint the town red

Only one problem with your scenario - b'ham would have to have won by 6 clear goals...........
  • You are wrong Golfie - Birmingham GD is currently -16 and Blackpool's is -25, so any Blackpool loss and a Brum win see's the blue noses jump over the Tangerines.

The team I would like to see put out by Jose Riga (though |I doubt he will) is -

Hamer
    Wilson Morrison Dervite Fox
    Green Poyet Jackson Harriott
    Obika Church

Subs: Thuram-Ulien, Wood, Solly, Cousins, Adjarevic, Piggott, Sordell

That will be the loast game in an Addicks shirt for maybe ten of them!
  • I'm sure we'll play a very similar team to Tuesday, assuming Solly is up to playing another game. All the excitement will be elsewhere though, as I can't see Blackpool going down now.
  • I hope we play the strongest most balanced team we can of those fit to play and then play to win.

1-2

COYA
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't fookin care now!

Phew, what a season...
  • Are you our pitch announcer Golfie ?
  • Pedro45 said:

You are wrong Golfie - Birmingham GD is currently -16 and Blackpool's is -25, so any Blackpool loss and a Brum win see's the blue noses jump over the Tangerines.

The team I would like to see put out by Jose Riga (though |I doubt he will) is -

Hamer
    Wilson Morrison Dervite Fox
    Green Poyet Jackson Harriott
    Obika Church

Subs: Thuram-Ulien, Wood, Solly, Cousins, Adjarevic, Piggott, Sordell

That will be the loast game in an Addicks shirt for maybe ten of them!

10? Wilson, Fox, Jackson, Harriott and Church all have contracts into next season.
  • Both teams have scored 37 goals this season, the lowest in the football league, this and the fact that it suits both sides nicely, points to
    0-0.

Football rarely pans out the way it should and if we don't field the same sort of side as we did Tuesday I can see us getting a bit of a pasting. Hope not for the sake of the travelling faithful who deserve to be richly entertained.

Don't hold your breath.
  • They've only given us 2200 ooh aah

Though I'm sure we could have sold these 3 times over
  • With one minute to go Charlton are 0-3 up and cruising at Blackpool, Brum have won at Bolton , Donny have won at Leicester and the Scum drew with Bournemouth leaving the Scum in the relegation spot
    Church picks the ball up 40 yards out and smacks a piledriver in to the top corner to make it 0-4 and put Blackpool into the 3rd relegation spot and save millwall .........
    95% of Charlton fans including BDL are cheering the other 5% who understand the significance of the goal are heartbroken.
    Into injury time and Blackpool chuck everyone forward and with the last kick of the game step forward Andy Keogh ,on loan from the scum, who scuffs a pea roller into the back of the net to send the seasiders into delirium and make the backwaters of bermondsey a no go area for local residents for the rest of Saturday

1-4 to the Addicks and the 2,500 travelling fans who took advantage of the dream end of season Bank Holiday weekend fixture go out and paint the town red

Ridiculous scenario! Church scoring...as if :-)

Great quote. Would love to be there if that were to happen.
  • sorry............had a senior moment earlier. You are quite correct.
  • My preview

18 Charlton 45 -23 48
    19 Blackpool 45 -25 46
    20 Millwall 45 -29 45
    21 Doncaster 45 -30 44
    22 Birmingham 45 -16 43
    23 Barnsley 45 -32 39
    24 Yeovil 45 -28 37

I am going to watch Skysports News with great delight that every time Jeff Stelling screams at the top of his voice 'There's been a goal at....' I do not have to worry at all.

Be good to sign off the season with Millwall going, but can't see it unfortunately
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking forward to this one. .

No pressure and hopefully a top day out at the football - 2-1 Charlton and ill be there singing away!
  • A Charlton win, but with Blackpool safe and the Spanners of the Midlands going down.

We'd sold c.1,300 earlier this afternoon, so plenty of time for a few more to get themselves up to the paradise that is...Blackpool!!

I just can't wait!!! ;-/
  • I really hope we play our strongest team. We would hope and expect the same of other sides (like Leicester, for example) if we were still in the shizzle.
    I reckon we'll lose....but who cares!
  • Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Think a Blackpool win is nailed on here. Expect our lads have enjoyed themselves a fair bit since the other night and who could blame them.
    My turn to place a bet in the syndicate I'm in and have gone for a Blackpool/Millwall double - both priced at better than evens and both nailed on home wins IMO
  • Both teams should be relaxed, and the home crowd should be less antagonistic than normal.

However...

If Doncaster, Brum and Scum all take the lead in their games, I can imagine the atmosphere changing!
  • shame we won on tues night otherwise we'd have been one of the games to be shown live (usually Sky show 2 games on the final day) - I reckon they will show the Leicester game (trophy presentation & Donny may need a result) and the B'ham game.
  • Forest-Brighton and Reading-Burnley are the 2 live games