Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Very heavy rain

Comments

• cafcfan said:

The thread title got me thinking - can you have a single drop of rain that is heavy?
    It seems so to an extent:
    The smallest mass of a raindrop produced during a drizzle is 0.004 mg and the largest produced during a heavy storm is 300 mg. But you'd still get 16 of the big ones in a teaspoon!

Charlton life goes downhill when we aren't panicking.
  • We'll be 3-1 up when torrential rain comes down and floods the pitch. The Watford fans chant "off, off, off" as Jackson and the players desperately try to fork the pitch, but the referee calls the game off and we're forced to play it on Thursday, where we lose...

I even had the score right as well :-)
    And there were chants of "off, off, off" but aimed at Riera instead!
  • Man alive it's coming down so hard here. I've never seen the like of it.  It makes the infamous Donny match look like the Gobi desert.
  • That was unreal
  • 1905 said:
    Stig said:
    Man alive it's coming down so hard here. I've never seen the like of it.  It makes the infamous Donny match look like the Gobi desert.
    Not into your face horizontally aka Yeovil 
    My Son played football in that tonight at Hayden in Wilmington. It was really bad and the Astro was almost one giant puddle by the end.... it wasn’t as bad a Yeovil though.
  • 1905 said:
    Stig said:
    Man alive it's coming down so hard here. I've never seen the like of it.  It makes the infamous Donny match look like the Gobi desert.
    Not into your face horizontally aka Yeovil 
    My Son played football in that tonight at Hayden in Wilmington. It was really bad and the Astro was almost one giant puddle by the end.... it wasn’t as bad a Yeovil though.
    Love playing games in crazy weather, torrential rain, high winds, snow, thick fog etc.  More fun somehow and memorable.

Sitting still watching games like that, not so much.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2020
    The most problematical thing about Yeovil was the non stop very high wind which drove the torrential rain horizontally straight at the uncovered away end.
    There was no escape other than to give up and leave the stadium (which I believe a few did), it was like standing under a cold high pressure shower for an hour or more.
    The vast majority had nothing like the correct clothing for such an unexpected event.
    Into the bargain, the journey home (particularly on the coaches and public transport), must have been very unpleasant for most of the (by then), totally bedraggled Addicks.
  • The most problematical thing about Yeovil was the non stop very high wind which drove the torrential rain horizontally straight at the uncovered away end.
    There was no escape other than to give up and leave the stadium (which I believe a few did), it was like standing under a cold high pressure shower for an hour or more.
    The vast majority had nothing like the correct clothing for such an unexpected event.
    Me and my old man gave up at half time and got back on the CLIT coach. I'd seen the forecast so brought a spare top and pair of jeans to change into.
  • whitstable bay fisherman’s huts Saturday 2 weeks ago, no drainage facilities rely on a soak away and apparently this has never happened before.........

• The most problematical thing about Yeovil was the non stop very high wind which drove the torrential rain horizontally straight at the uncovered away end.
    Into the bargain, the journey home (particularly on the coaches and public transport), must have been very unpleasant for most of the (by then), totally bedraggled Addicks.
    A unique experience - very wet, very windy, goal kicks going out for corners (iirc) and driving home in my pants.

I cant find any highlights on line just to see how bad it was - does anyone have any clips?
  • Three of us had a caravan at Weymouth for the weekend felt sorry for the cab driver at the station his seats were soaking when we got out 
  • Sponsored links:

• Most rain I have ever seen or been in yesterday this part of Tropical Darrzett, cars broken down, houses with 6-8 inches of water in the front room, it was awful, luckily our old property was ok but a mate of mine had sewerage & rain water bubbling up into his conservatory. 
  • Wow, this weather is mental. Got to be the worst summer ever. I don't like this climate change lark.
  • Does very heavy rain have more tritium than normal rain?
  • Stig said:
    Wow, this weather is mental. Got to be the worst summer ever. I don't like this climate change lark.

I'd rather this than the temps they been getting in Greece and Italy.
    Not if you were working outside this afternoon as I was in in the middle of that downpour!
    I had to replace all my credit cards which were ruined but the rain 
  • kimbo said:
    The most problematical thing about Yeovil was the non stop very high wind which drove the torrential rain horizontally straight at the uncovered away end.
    I had to replace all my credit cards which were ruined but the rain 
    Was that your excuse for not buying a round?  ;)