Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One rule for the big club.....?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    MrOneLung said:

They play in different competitions with different organisations so why the surprise they have different rules and punishments?

There should not be different organisations. That is the fundamental problem of English football. In respect of Sunderland and Wimbledon of course. But that anyway doesn't excuse the Red Star case, does it?
  • Options

Saw 'big club' and thought this was a thread about the one and only Sheffield Wednesday.

No...

It would have said 'MASSIVE CLUB'.
  • Options
    As promised, a view from a fan of Red Star's rivals, Partizan:

Although I am a natural born enemy of Crvena Zvezda :-), this is a sad fact for all footbal fans in smaller markets.
    You are right, double standards are valid, and small/poor/etc can’t do nothing…
    PSG, Barca or other rich monsters can just smile and pay any fine UEFA byrocrats asked them to do. At the same time they will continue to spoil the football market and game itself…

On the other hand, Crvena Zvezda (but also my Partizan, and perhaps a lot more teams) well deserve to be brutally punished as they act as semi-privat/semi-state owned companies, where group of idiots steal money in a very simple way, while state subisdize it with relevant amounts (for Serbian circumstacies, of course). Management is poor, various managers/players dealers have a key role in team structure, provisions and deals are in place, etc…

I think Glasgow Rangers case could be a good cure and local FA shall be tough to make the game transparent. But, those guys are the same criminals as in clubs, Uefa, politic enviroment, so….simply Catch 22 :-(