Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

fishing in southeast London/Kent

2»

Comments

• Options
    99lb catfish
    42lb grass carp
    36lb common
    9lb 12oz tench
    14lb 8oz pike

..... Don't bother quite so much these days.,off to France though in a fortnight
  • Options
    And a 42lb sturgeon
  • Options
    holyjo said:

99lb catfish
    42lb grass carp
    36lb common
    9lb 12oz tench
    14lb 8oz pike

..... Don't bother quite so much these days.,off to France though in a fortnight

Where you going @holyjo

57b mirror btw ; )
  • Options
    I do all my fishing on CL and usually get a bite!
  • Options
    Anyone tried Danson lake, is it worth a visit?
  • Options
    valleyfan said:

Anyone tried Danson lake, is it worth a visit?

It's fine. Caught bits and bobs in there but wouldn't go there more than once a season personally.
  • Options
    My suggestion - Gabriel's fishery near Edenbridge. Great sport with small carp on light tackle. Very picturesque place too. Listen out for the cuckoos calling.
  • Options

My suggestion - Gabriel's fishery near Edenbridge. Great sport with small carp on light tackle. Very picturesque place too. Listen out for the cuckoos calling.

Went there with my old man last year but think we fished the wrong lake, wasn't too impressed.

The club I belong to is EBAS (Edenbridge). Well worth looking into if you head down that way LazyEye got a great variety of waters.
  • Options
    Haven't been out for ages, but used to love going to Priory Farm (on the A25?) and bagging up on 2/4lb carp great on match gear, occasional bigger one to keep you on your toes..........
  • Options
    My dad used to take me fishing, but I kept falling off the hook
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remember helping SAS Ron out The Horse & Groom, clear all the blanket weed off the Garison Lake (Behind Mulgrave School) when he got the fishing rights to it, knocked me pipe out up there even earning meself the nickname 'Kabuta', then a couple of weeks after it was cleared, the geezer who owned it banned us from going over there. Cont! (Not you Ron)
  • Options
    .....The one time I did have an hour, caught about 20 Crucian Carp, very rare species now so I been told
  • Options

holyjo said:

99lb catfish
    42lb grass carp
    36lb common
    9lb 12oz tench
    14lb 8oz pike

Where you going @holyjo

57b mirror btw ; )
    Moorelands fishery

• Options
    holyjo said:

holyjo said:

99lb catfish
    42lb grass carp
    36lb common
    9lb 12oz tench
    14lb 8oz pike

Where you going @holyjo

57b mirror btw ; )
    Moorelands fishery

Just looked at it.

Jeeesus wept, there's some lumps in there mate. Good luck
  • Options

holyjo said:

holyjo said:

99lb catfish
    42lb grass carp
    36lb common
    9lb 12oz tench
    14lb 8oz pike

Where you going @holyjo

57b mirror btw ; )
    Moorelands fishery

Just looked at it.

Hoping for a sixty ......:-)
  • Options
    holyjo said:

holyjo said:

holyjo said:

99lb catfish
    42lb grass carp
    36lb common
    9lb 12oz tench
    14lb 8oz pike

Where you going @holyjo

57b mirror btw ; )
    Moorelands fishery

Just looked at it.

Hoping for a sixty ......:-)
    New lake record just come out at 70b 5oz
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Actually I'm looking forward to 16th June. Can't wait to get cracking again on the Thames at Runnymede or the Medway at Teston.
  • Options

Actually I'm looking forward to 16th June. Can't wait to get cracking again on the Thames at Runnymede or the Medway at Teston.

Me too, I can't wait to get crackin on a few Welshman in Lens
  • Options

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that! Bit fed up with football at the moment. Can't think why...
  • Options

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that! Bit fed up with football at the moment. Can't think why...
    Wait till England get dumped out first hurdle, you're gonna be over it mate ; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've done a lot of fishing in SE London with a sturdy rod in my hand.
  • Options

Catch much?
  • Options

Catch much?
    I'm a bit worried what the answer might be to that question
  • Options

Catch much?
    Few bites.
  • Options

Catch much?
    Few bites.
    Oh. Not too painful I hope
  • Options

Catch much?
    Few bites.
    And there we have it
  • Options

What was you using as bait, a maggott?
  • Options
    Some of my fish in the garden pond have got pretty big. A couple of mirror carp are getting huge but one of my grass carp is about 2 feet long. Should really think about getting them rehoused in a bigger pond but they seem quite happy.
  • Options
    My old man stuck some koi carp in his pond that he got from a garden center over Essex. When he looked in the pond a few days later he notice loads of broken down cars and dismantle washing machines at the bottom. He called the bloke up at the garden center to lodge a formal complaint and to find out what sorta koi they were, diddy koi come the reply......