Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham

Comments

• Options
    Let's also never forget the way in which they took Defoe from us. You can say that was Redknapp, but it needed to be sanctioned at the highest level. Never heard any of their fans correcting media claiming he was a product of their academy, let alone the disgraceful behaviour that led to Varney going to court to drag a million out of them.
  • Options

From 1932 to 1958 WHU were in Div 2. Those were mostly great years for CAFC. Remember the story of Bobby Moore as a teenager biking from Barking over the Ferry to study our players ?
  • Options

Let's also never forget the way in which they took Defoe from us. You can say that was Redknapp, but it needed to be sanctioned at the highest level. Never heard any of their fans correcting media claiming he was a product of their academy, let alone the disgraceful behaviour that led to Varney going to court to drag a million out of them.

I wasn't aware that PV did this.

I thought the 'allegations' went along the lines that they bought his mum a house.
  • Options
    They can take some of Gulivans dildos and go fuck themselves
  • Options

I thought the 'allegations' went along the lines that they bought his mum a house.
    Yes, I forget what kind of court it was, but the case was that West Ham had broken clear rules on tapping up under-age players. Regarding the allegation, you may think that, but I cannot possibly comment:-) However there was a wonderful C4 drama about a football manager, played by Ray Winstone, and the first scenes depict exactly that. C4 of course never openly suggested that Winstone's character was based on Redknapp...But they chose Winstone and not Gregory Fitoussi, so it certainly wasn't based on Wenger :-)

Mind you, speaking of Varney and West Ham, I have never met PV in person, but have always thought, and still do, that he was and remains easily the best CEO Charlton could ever have. So I was gobsmacked to read the first of the new "Voice" presenting a signature interview with him, wherein he declared that the Gullivans were his 'good friends' and he had tried to persuade them to buy us. I can't imagine that the Gullivans would have tried to move us to the OS, but I can only think their only reason for considering it was the possibility of moving us to the Peninsula.

• Options

Oasis - Be Here Now
    Every Stereophonics album since Language, Sex Violence...
    Every Eminem album since The Eminem Show
    Kanye - 808s
    Every Stone Roses since Stone Roses

Only just realised I posted this in the wrong thread. Still, a valid contribution, I'm sure you'll all agree.
    That's definitely a reason to hate West Ham.
  • Options

Yes, I forget what kind of court it was, but the case was that West Ham had broken clear rules on tapping up under-age players. Regarding the allegation, you may think that, but I cannot possibly comment:-) However there was a wonderful C4 drama about a football manager, played by Ray Winstone, and the first scenes depict exactly that. C4 of course never openly suggested that Winstone's character was based on Redknapp...But they chose Winstone and not Gregory Fitoussi, so it certainly wasn't based on Wenger :-)

Mind you, speaking of Varney and West Ham, I have never met PV in person, but have always thought, and still do, that he was and remains easily the best CEO Charlton could ever have. So I was gobsmacked to read the first of the new "Voice" presenting a signature interview with him, wherein he declared that the Gullivans were his 'good friends' and he had tried to persuade them to buy us. I can't imagine that the Gullivans would have tried to move us to the OS, but I can only think their only reason for considering it was the possibility of moving us to the Peninsula.

Philippe Duclos not Fitoussi perhaps (he says, in the contender for most pretentious post of the day).

Meanwhile, easy to forget how many reasons there are to dislike West Ham, how did I forget the Tevez shennanigans? I suspect they will never be a neutral's favourite again with the whole stadium disgrace
  • Options

Charlton were 2nd choice, by a very long way and only if they couldn't have got WHam. There was certainly admiration for the way they ran their clubs. We may not like the Taxpayer Stadium deal, but they certainly get the best deals they can.

I'm sure Daisy does the same!!! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017

David Gold was at PV's 60th party, so they could be "good friends", then again so was I.
  • Options
    Bizarre how Snodgrass is now on loan at Villa in the Championship. He'd be a major asset to most bottom half PL teams
  • Options
    Anyone watch them tonight, incredible second half performance to come from 2 down to beat spurs 3-2
  • Options
    They were 100/1 at HT
  • Options
    Spurs, West Ham and Chelsea fans all milling around central London around closing time.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Spurs, West Ham and Chelsea fans all milling around central London around closing time.

Good business for you publicans!
  • Options
    Its only the cup that no-ones interested in - least of all, Spurs.
  • Options
    Hopefully will buoy them up big time for their visit to Sellout on Saturday.
  • Options

Think it was a decent chance for a trophy for Spurs to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Think it was a decent chance for a trophy for Spurs to be honest.
    what with their involvement in Champions league and Premiership this season, this was a cup too far for them.
  • Options

Saw the second half and that was an awful performance, Billic looked like he knows he's gone and players played like they don't care.

Overall an enjoyable 45 minutes watch!!

They were better in the second half !!!!! Truly woeful before the break
  • Options
    Most enjoyable.
  • Options
    Hysterical. Ironically they actually deserve to be playing on waste ground next to a trunk road in Stratford.