Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rangers Finances Fragile

Not Queens Park Rangers (although I don't think they're in a great position) but the Glaswegian ones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27142340

Sounds like they're hanging by a thread. Doesn't look too promising.

Comments

• Options
    Staying over in 5* hotels and paying several Scottish Prem standard players big salaries to get out of a park league don't particularly help.

They don't seem to learn.
  • Options

Staying over in 5* hotels and paying several Scottish Prem standard players big salaries to get out of a park league don't particularly help.

Spot on.
  • Options
    Yet another example of a club trying to live beyond their means, was always going to end in disaster as it will at a few others.
  • Options
    How much do they owe the taxman this time?
  • Options

Very true, remember them all staying over in a hotel before a game at Forfar which is less than 100 miles away. Totally unnecessary.
  • Options
    They will never go under because the SFA need them. We have seen a few times that the bigger they are, the more money they spend, the less likely they are to be closed down yet look at the small clubs such as Maidstone, Wimbledon etc etc. how many clubs are on the brink with debts of less than a million yet we dont see them mentioned in national papers etc.
  • Options
    I never understood why they have spent so much money this past 2 seasons on players.

I suspect that the cream of Scottish League One and League Two players would have played at Ibrox for a small percentage of what has been shelled out just for the honour of representing the club.

I agreed with Ranger's punishment , but now feel Scottish football needs them to challenge Celtic again.

I just wish the modern game would produce another Ferguson who led a provincial club and took them to the top of Scottish football for a brief period.
  • Options
    It's funny as I read that article as a warning/threat to those that have failed to renew their season tickets to do so, or else!
  • Options

Not Queens Park Rangers (although I don't think they're in a great position) but the Glaswegian ones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27142340

Sounds like they're hanging by a thread. Doesn't look too promising.

All football clubs need a flow of cash. If the cash stops then there are issues.

Due to unhappiness with the way the club is run, a large number of Rangers fans are likely not to give their season ticket money direct to the club but instead pay it into a trust fund. Without the expected season ticket money the club has a cash flow reduction, this would be true of any other club.

The directors of a football club can address the issue in a number of ways. In this instance the director appears to suggest that fans pay their cash or else their will be big problems. Not everyone shares this opinion.

You're correct in my opinion that there has been unnecessary expenditure. However paying SPL wages whilst in the lower leagues would have been sustainable. Even in the fourth tier of Scottish football, Rangers had a turnover in excess of double that of say an Aberdeen.

This begs the question where is the money going?

Are loans being accepted on terms correct for the football club or do they favour others?

Was it necessary for a fourth tier Scottish club to pay a director in the region of £900,000? What do the rest earn?

Is the club being run for the benefit of the club or for the benefit of certain individuals?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree completely with Richard, it must be said that IA also has a point about it becoming a one team show - I like his solution to the problem too ;)

It's funny as I read that article as a warning/threat to those that have failed to renew their season tickets to do so, or else!

However, KHA hits the nail on the head for me. All I took from that is that they were betting on decent season ticket sales, which now haven't happened - so if you're a proper fan then renew or your club will go bust.

And honestly? I think that was the intended sentiment - I honestly doubt they're too worried about the real issues, as we've already said "too big to go bust".

Compare that to the lower league clubs who have smaller debts but are also close to going under.. Disgusting it was even allowed to get to this stage; let alone again.
  • Options
    Living beyond their means again - do they even need to?
  • Options

Living beyond their means again - do they even need to?

No! Absolutely crazy. Can't remember the figure, buit earlier this year Mcoist took a pay cut and even that was a daft figure.

• Options
    More bollocks in that article than a Sheffield Wednesday blog.... "I didn’t look at the wages or the length of contract or anything.".

My arse!
  • Options
    Mccoist is quite a nasty bit of work. Leeching an insane amount of cash from the club he loves, spunking more on third rate players to steamroller a bunch of village teams while failing to pick up a single pot, including the Ramsdens. Their youth team would have lost a few more games, but would have got the job done and would have won a few more hearts en route. Good news for teams in the fourth division that get the money wasting circus rolling back into town.
  • Options
    Some of the stuff today is shocking.

The club has raised £70m since May 2012, and only had £3.5m left of that
    Need another £30m to be raised in the next 3 years.
    No season tickets to be sold via Credit or Debit card.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    McCoist has handed his notice in.

On to better things, going back to Question of Sport.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    As much as I'd like to believe it's due to his shocking performance as manager this season I'm pretty worried that it's because he knows that something bad is around the corner and/or his best players will be sold in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor manager is McCoist, very limited and only managed to get up to this point because Rangers are so desperate to put themselves into financial meltdown and spend money on over priced average players. But looks like the club are going to reject his resignation anyway.

Never learn and are completely rotten.
  • Options
    What an utter farce, how can you spend $65 million in two seasons playing in the lower leagues of Scotland?

Those running the club should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    The Finance Director got a £250,000 bonus when they were promoted from League 2. A quarter of a million pounds for a well enough paid bean-counter? Absolutely ridiculous given the financial shenanighans which put them there in the first place. He didn't play in a single game, let alone score any match-winning goals, although he probably could have in League 2.
  • Options

The Finance Director got a £250,000 bonus when they were promoted from League 2. A quarter of a million pounds for a well enough paid bean-counter? Absolutely ridiculous given the financial shenanighans which put them there in the first place. He didn't play in a single game, let alone score any match-winning goals, although he probably could have in League 2.

Absolutely sickening.
  • Options
    Why is anti- Rangers bile allowed but anti-sellick results in a slapped wrist?
  • Options
    WayneK said:

Because Admin are watching them on the tele....
  • Options
    They are all bigoted jockeys and very sensitive to boot. I'd be almost as delighted if Celtic were facing oblivion.
  • Options
    WayneK said:

Bile?
  • Options
    2-0 to Queen of the South with about 15 minutes to go!

Muggins here stuck them in a treble :-(