Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daily Mirror

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
they seemed to do a hatchet job on us when Dowie was still here, the TGIF story claiming rift at the club etc. and also on the same day a pro-SJ piece too.

In hindsight they may have been nearer the truth about a rift and this in today's paper is postive for us:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=the-grit-escape

"So much for the pundits who took potshots at the Charlton board for having the guts to axe two successive managers in a season. Had chief executive Peter Varney, chairman Richard Murray and the rest of the men in charge at The Valley not had the bottle to take some tough decisions, Charlton would be preparing for the Championship right now. No question."

Perhaps they just don't like Dowie.

Comments

• Options
    original piece:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/catchall/tm_method=full%26objectid=17924538%26siteid=89520-name_page.html
  • Options
    Still was a c*ck up by the board IF we go down they will be partly to blame.
  • Options
    Yeah, but the board have acknowledged their mistake, did something about it quickly and backed the new man to the hilt.

And backed the supporters with travel arrangements and subsidies.

Great club. Great board.

Got a few things wrong and did their utmost to put them right.
  • Options
    That Journo, Darren Lewis, is mates with the Orange one......he even had a little literary spat with Frankie Valley!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]That Journo, Darren Lewis, is mates with the Orange one......he even had a little literary spat with Frankie Valley![/quote]

I don't know if he's mates with SJ, more likely that he's mates with Jordan's PR guy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]That Journo, Darren Lewis, is mates with the Orange one......he even had a little literary spat with Frankie Valley!

I don't know if he's mates with SJ, more likely that he's mates with Jordan's PR guy.

i make you right BFR, its unlikely that mug jordan has any friends!