Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the next home grown lad to make the step up ?

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Anyone seen, heard good things of any of the youngsters ? There has been a terrible drought, was Fortune the last ?

Lisbie-free thread please :-)

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2006
    If we're talking "Home-grown" in the truest sense of the word i can't see many stepping up. James Walker probably has the best chance considering our somewhat limited striking options.

However the current trend for clubs (especially Premier League Clubs) is to buy the youngsters at an early age from other clubs and develop them over here. I don't really count this as home grown (Gislasson, Brandao, Staunton etc) as it is basically talent spotting rather than finding a kid at the age of 14 from the South East area who has been one of us all of his footballing life.
  • Options
    Harry Arter is mustard and will be the next star from the Academy.
  • Options
    I know he is not home grown exactly, but I am told they have very high hopes of the Finnish centre half is it Jaski Tanska or something or other. We beat Chelsea & Arsenal to him when we signed him.
  • Options
    Arter is Scotty Parkers nephew or cousin
  • Options
    Brother in Law
  • Options
    If Scotty's wife is from a footballing family then their kids could be pretty handy too!
  • Options
    I saw Harry Arter play against ManU in the FA Youth Cup at Old Trafford last year. He really did stand out as one of the best players on the pitch, even though he was only 16 at the time. If he is properly treated I think that he could be a real star in a couple of year's time.