Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goal celebration music

2»

Comments

• Goal celebration music is cringey, and the one time when even the most quiet crowd will naturally make some noise anyway!

If you are going to have music, at least make it something appropriate to the club, like Leicester using Fire from Leicester band Kabasian
  • What you talking about? It's been running since we signed Hasselbaink in 07'.
  • I'm sure we tried it once upon a time, or have I been on the full fat milk too much?

I was gonna say, I thought we had it for a season. Or maybe a few games, I'm away and been drinking do I could be wrong.
  • I love the lyrics to come on. Must have taken a long time to write!
  • Goal celebration music is cringey, and the one time when even the most quiet crowd will naturally make some noise anyway!

If you are going to have music, at least make it something appropriate to the club, like Leicester using Fire from Leicester band Kabasian

In which case we should opt for something from local lad Boy George.

I'd opt for 'It's A Miracle' by Culture Club given our current goalscoring tally.

In which case we should opt for something from local lad Boy George.

I'd opt for 'It's A Miracle' by Culture Club given our current goalscoring tally.

"The War Song" would reflect the arguments at away games between those wanting to sit and those wanting to stand.

And looking at their discography "I'll Tumble 4 Ya" is what Reza will do this afternoon in the penalty box for our winning penalty :-)

Exactly. You don't need music when we score as the crowd will make some noise anyway.

• Goal music is almost as cringey as 'Since i was young', aka the worst football chant ever.
  • The "Come On" song can do no wrong in my eyes.
  • I would hate to have it, but if we did - what song would we have?......Hallelujah?

The Leonard Cohen version rather than Handel's. With us looking at one another, and nodding slowly. We scored. Finally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unless you can do it like Mainz in the Bundesliga, don't bother doing it at all - right @petef ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmMCOw5TQYg
  • The only way I would support goal music would be if the players ran off the pitch after scoring, each grabbed an instrument (string, brass, woodwind & percussion) & then played a 30 second snatch of Beethoven's 5th with Jose Riga on a podium conducting.
  • Depends.

If we went 1up against Blackburn on the weekend and Shaggy-"Angel" came on....
  • I am dissapointed not many people sing Red Red Robin, when its played before start of the game, I do and i look around in the Upper North and no one else is singing

Well, you obviously aint looking hard enough because i always sing it! Mind you, i do get many odd looks.
  • cafckev said:

I am dissapointed not many people sing Red Red Robin, when its played before start of the game, I do and i look around in the Upper North and no one else is singing

Well, you obviously aint looking hard enough because i always sing it! Mind you, i do get many odd looks.
    Why Carnaval De Paris is often sung over the top of it I'll never know.
  • I am dissapointed not many people sing Red Red Robin, when its played before start of the game, I do and i look around in the Upper North and no one else is singing

I always stop what I'm doing and sing along to this. Been doing so for over 20 years. It's my only pre-match supersticious ritual, not that it does any good............
  • Goal music - cringey, very-Palarse, I notice that it's mainly clubs that have silent/plastic fans that use it to make up for their complete lack of atmosphere. Not at the Valley please.
  • liamhappe said:

Unless you can do it like Mainz in the Bundesliga, don't bother doing it at all - right @petef ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmMCOw5TQYg

its why i watch the highlights on ITV4

• I believe the one game we trialled it was in 1-1 friendly against New Zealand about 5 years ago. Cant remember the song. Everyone hated it and the idea was dropped immediately.

Saying that, i do like Samba (the song Norwich play) when it comes on randomly on a night out. Things to tend to get a bit laddy then though
  • I swear teams use it to make away fans angrier when their side have conceded a goal. I can't recall the last time I watched Charlton away and I didn't shout "f***ing goal music" if it was played.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafckev said:

I am dissapointed not many people sing Red Red Robin, when its played before start of the game, I do and i look around in the Upper North and no one else is singing

Where in Upper North are you

I always stop what I'm doing and sing along to this. Been doing so for over 20 years. It's my only pre-match supersticious ritual, not that it does any good............
    Where u sit

Where u sit
    North upper mainly, but sometimes in the east as I didn't get a ST this season. Will be singing it loud n proud from the A block next season though.............