Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crystal Palace secure Premier League safety

I am shocked that there is not a thread congratulating us on our incredible achievement. So I will start it.

How are things down your way? Still reaching for that rainbow? How is Henry Irvings 'Project 40000' or whatever it is called going? Have the Red Brigade turned The Valley into a wall of noise? Do you still sing 'Number one in South London'?

Comments

• Options
    A reference to sex and travel is the only reply that springs to mind.
  • Options
    Sad ultras
    Why do we have so many trolls from other clubs on here?
  • Options

You are Still a pathetic, scummy little club Matt, supported by geeky Nigel's

You coming on here and having nothing better to do on a Saturday evening having just secured your PL status for the first time ever just backs that up.

Oh dear.

I am on my way home from Upton Park and thought it would be good to share the love.

It would be nice if you answered the questions asked above.
  • Options
    Fuck off Matt
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You're a welcome, Matt.
  • Options
    ... and his eagle decorating friend pushes him out of bed because the eagle prefers a Matt finish.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I assumed shat himself had been banned. Enjoy the celebrations Matt, they seem wild...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Knob off springs to mind
    But agree Pulis has done well bringing u out the gutter
    Shame the same can't be said about ur fans!
  • Options

I assumed shut himself had been banned. Enjoy the celebrations Matt, they seem wild...

''shut himself'', FOD?
    surely there was an 'i' not a 'u'?

• Options
    Mug him off but don't swear at him. The Nathan's of our world would be on their's in a flash were our fortunes reversed. Pullis has done wonders there and he's quite right, they are number 1 in South London for the foreseeable. I'd be happy if we were number 2 come May to be honest!

I do hate Palace though...
  • Options
    I don't know who this guy is, but this is pretty funny. We have asked for it, to some extent. I used to do the same thing to Palace fans when I was a kid.

There are a few things to take into account; nothing lasts forever, and the shoe will eventually be on the other foot etc.

But if this genuinely does annoy you, the very, very best thing you can do is NOT REPLY. WUMs get a kick every time they see a new reply has appeared on their thread.

Let it end here.
  • Options
    More deluded than the piglet if that's possible!
  • Options
    I hate Palarse but for some unfathomable reason I'm actually quite pleased that they have survived - strange
  • Options
    'What goes around comes around' said Tango Man.

How right he was :-/
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Portmanor was funny last year - went out for a fag, outside was about 30 spotty geeks dressed in black - too young for a bevvy
  • Options
    Well done matt. Pulis is manager of the year for me. Unbelieveable achievement.
  • Options
    Yep CE, Used to like Pulis, now, cant friggin stand him, keeping that poxy little mob up goes against the grain
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tell you what
    Lets start a millwall appreciation as well for their current run of form!
    Ffs knob off
  • Options

Well done matt. Pulis is manager of the year for me. Unbelieveable achievement.

I've gotta say, some congratulations are in order for Pulis and Palace - they've not done it playing clogger football either.

Nonetheless, I feel I speak for us all when I say I hope they find a way to make it go completely tits-up next season :P

To their credit, I can't see how, especially with some of the other dreck sides in the top flight.
  • Options
    Sigh.
  • Options
    I'm gutted they haven't imploded, but this has been coming since Pulis took over. Even when they've lost it's not been by much. There are loads more teams worse than them in the Premiership and bringing in an experienced Prem manager has worked wonders. They are definitely no. 1 in Surrey, streets ahead of Woking and leatherhead now. Even managed to beat the team who really are big in Surrey (Chelsea I mean, not Man U).
    Yes, they mugged people off with admin, but they have sensible owners now. Compare and contrast - the jury's still out for me on our new owner, but we have easily had the worst set in S London* for the last few years, which is one of the reasons the successes of the last 2 seasons weren't built on.
    But what comes around goes around. Just worries me how long it's going to take.

(* taking the greater S London here, AFC Wimbledon owned by fans, Palace owned by a set of rich fans, Millwall owned by serious American prepared to fund losses, us - run into ground by TJ & MS)
  • Options
    Last FEW years? Last 8 years I think, that's why we're in this predicament.
  • Options
    Bed time for me, rest my head comfy with the knowledge that I support Charlton and not that lot, sweet dreams
  • Options
    Matt, I would rather support charlton then palace even if we got relegated from the conference south and became almost non existent.

Your achievement at securing premier league status is irrelevant from a personal perspective.

As a football fan, I can say you have had a good season, but if it is envy you are looking for you won't find it on here mate.

Been there, done it, bought the T.shirt and forgot crystal palace was even a club...for a while.

It won't last long pal.
  • Options

I am shocked that there is not a thread congratulating us on our incredible achievement. So I will start it.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/61417/hats-off-to-palace
  • Options
    I would like to congratulate you on your incredible achievement Matt. I really do think that Palace deserve the plaudits that they are getting.

I suppose you feel the need to come on here and gloat because of that awful taunting we gave you when you went down in 2005. I felt uncomfortable with that myself, not only because I knew it would come back to haunt us but also because as those who weren't singing on that day would tell you, our real rivals are Dover Athletic anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Eric cantona & wheels on the bus songs come to mind when I think about palarse. How are the geek squad that dress in black and think they are hard?

Dirty Nigels palace fans are. They all look like computer hackers