Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Other games today thread

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2014

What are the Tykes last three games?

Derby away, useless bsterds boro away and QPR at home. 3 points + goal difference behind from Charlton.
  • Options
    I'll take that set of results thank you very much. It's not Millwall we need to bother about now and we need them to beat Donny. I thought Barnsley would beat Leeds so it's not been a bad day. I still have a funny feeling that our abandonment against Donny and subsequent victory could have a real bearing on relegation. In which case we will have gotten away with murder!
  • Options

Away to Derby, Boro then home to QPR.

• Options
    middlesbrough are so shit - don't rely on them to do any favours!
  • Options
    Golfie, definitely a Millwall win.
  • Options
    Can't believe the turnaround in Millwall's season, I now expect them to stay up as they have momentum, but it's now really tight...

Derby and Boro away, QPR home.

I would expect Derby to win, Boro may be on the beach by then while QPR may be saving themselves for the playoffs (or needing a win to ensure a favourable draw)
  • Options

If only, if only, if only, if only, if only, if only, if only, if only, if only, if only, we had beaten Barnsley.

Actually even if we had drawn against the Tykes the situation would look a lot better now.

Because of the close nature of the play off mix Blackburn and Watford might have something to play for now.

• Options
    Wish we weren't playing Wednesday Monday tough tough game
  • Options

what are we looking for on Monday - a Millwall win so it keeps Donny down there, a Donny win for the opposite or a draw ??

A Millwall win definitely. Doncaster then have Reading H and Leicester A. A point might see us safe, bizarely. We could end up at Blackpool on the last day of the season with both sides needing a draw to finish above Doncaster, provided they lose at Leicester.
  • Options
    Millwall / Doncaster will likely be a draw. That doesn't help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall getting relegated would have been a real bonus but the important thing is that we survive. If that means Millwall beating Donny then so be it. I still think We will need something at Blackpool.
  • Options
    Just listened to end of Barnsley game. Last five home games, no goals, no chances created. Sounds familiar! How the hell did they score 2 at the Valley? Their commentators have given up hope saying they are completely toothless up front and have never known goals being so hard to come by.
  • Options
    vff said:

It would be an excellent result if we can beat the massives as we would leapfrog both,but only if we win . Hopefully Derby can kill Barnsley off and Brighton beat Blackpool .

I still think we are in a good position.

• Options
    There will be one or two surprise results. Let's hope we get one on Monday. I think 4 points will see us home.
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

Wish we weren't playing Wednesday Monday tough tough game

We're not playing Wednesday
    Monday, we're playing Monday Saturday Tuesday.
  • Options

Just listened to end of Barnsley game. Last five home games, no goals, no chances created. Sounds familiar! How the hell did they score 2 at the Valley? Their commentators have given up hope saying they are completely toothless up front and have never known goals being so hard to come by.

Dodgy marking from a corner and a deflected cross. :-(
  • Options
    Richard J said:

vff said:

It would be an excellent result if we can beat the massives as we would leapfrog both,but only if we win . Hopefully Derby can kill Barnsley off and Brighton beat Blackpool .

I still think we are in a good position.

You would expect both Barnsley and Blackpool to lose

Remarkably, despite our series of 3-0 defeats, our GD is still better than all the other teams around us except Birmingham, it might be crucial...
  • Options
    F*cking Millwall. Only manage 7 wins in 39 games, then win 3 out of 4.

That's them safe now i think, we now actually need them to do us a favour and beat Doncaster on monday.

Barnsley and Yeovil are gone.

It's now between us, Donny and Blackpool i think.

We also need Watford to drop points in the next couple of games so that when they come to the Valley for our game in hand, they've got nothing to play for.
  • Options
    And two feckin embarassing headers missed that will see us relegated.
  • Options
    One thing we do need now is for either Derby or Brighton (or hopefully both) to give Blackpool a good 4 or 5 nil tonking - that way, if we do manage to get 1 win against Watford or Sheff Wed or Blackburn , then they may need to beat us by 3+ goals on last day to turn the goal difference around.
    Always thought 45 would be enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2014

F*cking Millwall. Only manage 7 wins in 39 games, then win 3 out of 4.

That's them safe now i think, we now actually need them to do us a favour and beat Doncaster on monday.

Barnsley and Yeovil are gone.

It's now between us, Donny and Blackpool i think.

We also need Watford to drop points in the next couple of games so that when they come to the Valley for our game in hand, they've got nothing to play for.

• Options

what are we looking for on Monday - a Millwall win so it keeps Donny down there, a Donny win for the opposite or a draw ??

Yes :-)
  • Options
    All we need to do is win 1 draw 1 ie hopefully score goals mmm very hard to see how we are gonna score goals.
  • Options
    Never said this before. I hope Millwall win.
  • Options
    Brighton must win on Monday so would expect them to beat Blackpool. Derby very good at home so should be too strong for Barnsley. Point at Wednesday would be a good result.
  • Options
    B'ham are not out of it yet, they have three home games, which with their home form won't be easy, (Blackburn, Leeds, Wigan,) and away to Bolton.
  • Options

Yes :-)
    You can rely on Millwall not to oblige with any result that helps Charlton.
  • Options
    The key is we need to go into the last game of the season 3 points in front of Blackpool, or 4 points to be really safe. Otherwise it could be between us and them for the final relegation spot and I don't fancy that up there.
  • Options
    Had a feeling the beanpole would get some important goals after he came on as sub at the incinerator a few weeks ago against us.
  • Options
    I would settle for this being the final table.