Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

mrbligh said:

have a day off jimmy

Who are you?
    Callum Harriott's Pirate Dad
  • Options
    As much as I love Powell and have a huge amount of respect for him, one hinge I would say is this season he appeared to lose confidence in players (Harriott, sordell) very quickly! So he dropped them or gave them ten mins from the bench! They are both confidence players and so big dropped and the boss losing confidence in them knocked their confidence and so affected performances! All credit to riga for turning them around!
  • Options
    I'll admit there's been a few games at the Valley where I've pleaded for Riga to take him off as nothing has worked or come off for him. However he has ended the season in style and looks a player. Fair play to Riga whose got the best out of him.
  • Options
    People banging on and giving credit to Riga are having a laugh, he was the one playing him out of position and getting him slaged off by the majority on here.
  • Options

People banging on and giving credit to Riga are having a laugh, he was the one playing him out of position and getting him slaged off by the majority on here.

Yes but he changed it.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Yes but he changed it.

Whats that got to do with it. The fact is he could have shattered Harriots confidence, it wasn't just one game he played him out of position for. Also you telling me he wasn't given advice from our coaches.

I have no problem with Riga generally either but lets stick to the facts. Its people snipping like kids quite frankly.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Yes but he changed it.

Whats that got to do with it. The fact is he could have shattered Harriots confidence, it wasn't just one game he played him out of position for. Also you telling me he wasn't given advice from our coaches.

I have no problem with Riga generally either but lets stick to the facts. Its people snipping like kids quite frankly.
    A wide player ought to be able to play on either side. Indeed, there are some advantages to playing on the "wrong" side. I don't think being asked to play on the right in an excuse for his performance against Barnsley.

Hopefully, he'll have learnt from his experiences this season, and from what he's been told by the coaching staff, and come back a better player next season.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    What a load of bollox

Any wide man should be able to swap sides with ease it makes it better for the attacking team and disorganises the opposition defence

If he can't do that then he is no good to us anyway

Of course Riga is responsible for his last few games

And it was excellent mgmt

Another well done Jose
  • Options

What a load of bollox

Any wide man should be able to swap sides with ease it makes it better for the attacking team and disorganises the opposition defence

If he can't do that then he is no good to us anyway

Of course Riga is responsible for his last few games

And it was excellent mgmt

Another well done Jose

MGMT with reference to kids.

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before.
  • Options
    Some people on this thread should probably be feeling a tad reflective this morning.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's proved he can do it. Next stage of his development is more consistency and eliminating those errors of poor choice. If he can do that then we have a real gem. Well done Callum. After the mare against Barnsley he's bounced back in a way that most players couldn't. Well done Jose for giving him the confidence to try.
  • Options

Some people on this thread should probably be feeling a tad reflective this morning.....

I still stand by the fact that that Callum, and before him Cameron Stewart, before him Jerome Thomas....etc, can be brilliant players "when they want to".
    I still can't understand why they can't play like that everyweek: George Best did, Colin Powell did...etc....they played their best Every time.

Sorry.

• Options

I still stand by the fact that that Callum, and before him Cameron Stewart, before him Jerome Thomas....etc, can be brilliant players "when they want to".
    I still can't understand why they can't play like that everyweek: George Best did, Colin Powell did...etc....they played their best Every time.

Sorry.

well those two are legends... why? Because they were different from the norm ie, they were at their best all the time when most players would have off days etc. You're comparing your every day wide player to two legends of the game.
  • Options
    Wingers are notoriously inconsistent those that ain't go for record fees like

Ronaldo
    Bale
    Chamberlin
    Walcott
    Becks

Or are worth millions in their prime like giggs

The majority though are annoyingly shit on more occasions than they are good

I hate the fact he was refferd to as Cali mesi so young in his career
  • Options
    Wingers are notoriously inconsistent those that ain't go for record fees like

Ronaldo
    Bale
    Chamberlin
    Walcott
    Becks

Or are worth millions in their prime like giggs

The majority though are annoyingly shit on more occasions than they are good

I hate the fact he was refferd to as Cali mesi so young in his career
  • Options
    He called himself calli messi. That's his actual own twitter name.

• Options

It sounds to me like Harriott is suffereing from a couple of things - 1) that we have a small squad in which he is our only natural left winger 2) second season syndrome.

In an ideal world, when a young player like him suffers a bit of a confidence crisis you take him out of the team for while, let him play some reserve games or maybe send him out on loan somewhere, but we can't do that as he is one of only a couple of options in his position and we also have a fixture pile-up that means everyone has to play their part.

It doesn't seem to me like the kid his hiding in games and is putting the effort in so he deserves our support. Last season showed he can make an impact at this level but young players are inconsistent and wingers doubly so.

We are really starting to pay the price for our inadequate action in the transfer market over the last 2 or 3 windows. Trying to pick out individual players to blame is counter productive at this time - you only have to look at the variety of suggested line-ups on the Bolton preview thread, all of them which look weak, inexperienced and/or unbalanced, to see that the problem is with the squad as a collective, not the individuals within it.

There is so much uninformed pish on this site. And then it's balanced out by X who nails it every time. Informative, thought provoking, insightful. Better than 99% of the analysis you get from pro journalists
  • Options
    Powell used to call him it aswell I hated it

I don't mind arrogance in players but when you are as inconsistent it's a name that has high levels of expectation and I think leaves him open to more criticism than is Nesc
  • Options

Powell used to call him it aswell I hated it

I don't mind arrogance in players but when you are as inconsistent it's a name that has high levels of expectation and I think leaves him open to more criticism than is Nesc

What? Powell called him messi??? Thank god Powell was sacked if talking such nonsense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will see folks we will see
  • Options

We will see folks we will see

Looks like you want him to be shit next season.
  • Options
    I want him to be the player he can be personally I think he has bags of ability but will not show it consistently will be the player on here next season many moan about and we will get two other wingers in and he will end up else where
  • Options
    You want to be right.

It's why you stuck the boot in right after he scored a hattrick.
  • Options
    I don't want to be right

But I will be
  • Options

I don't want to be right

But I will be

And you will be happy and looking for congratulations.
  • Options
    Don't think I have ever done that in the whole time I have been on here but if you want to come and revive the thread in 12 months you can tell me I am wrong
  • Options
    I've no interest in that.

But you will revive your opinion. Probably not this thread.

And if he has a good season, neither of us will.
  • Options
    Nope I won't be gloating in the fact that if Callum does what I believe he will that I was right

It won't help anything it won't mean anything

But on a football forum when you have a squad of 25 -35 players some you will like and rate some you won't

At cafc it has been a long time since we had a decent winger and I still don't think we have one

I thought Callum when he came through had the ability to be that winger

Now I believe he is like all the others since we came down from the prem a d some we had in it

He has done blinding since Barnsley and well done to him he has made me eat my words but I won't be sold on the last 3 games

I hope he proves me wrong big time because if he does we won't be in this postition again next season

But I reckon we will sign 2 wingers this summer and he will have a bit part to play