Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones - Those who have read the books up to date

As mentioned elsewhere.

Right, so being able to discuss freely.

Where the hell is Benjen Stark gone, will we see him again?

Have they revealed who Jon Snow's mother could be? I can't remember, but I think they intimated that it is someone, if anyone could remember who she is, where she comes into it...

The 6th book is apparently more about what has gone on north of the wall and the White Walkers, what do you think will be covered?

Which Targereyen do you back, Daneris or her nephew?

Comments

• Options
    Why did I click this... Dany has a nephew?!?!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Benjen Stark is the dead guy(Coldhands) on the stag who saved Bran & the Reeds, is my theory.

• Options
    Need Jon Snow to come back to life first before worrying about his mother :)

I think he isn't Ned's son, but his sister Lyanna's. When she died Ned decided to raise him as his own (a theory so could end up being rubbish!).
  • Options
    Jon snow will be resurrected by melisandre, as he is free from his vows he will be able to get in on the action at winterfell and kings landing. I think he is the son of lyanna and rhagaer. Deadhands cant be benjen because he is alot older and has been around a lot longer.
  • Options

Jon snow will be resurrected by melisandre, as he is free from his vows he will be able to get in on the action at winterfell and kings landing. I think he is the son of lyanna and rhagaer. Deadhands cant be benjen because he is alot older and has been around a lot longer.

Really, i don't remember them ever confirming how old Coldhands is and he does not appear till well after Benjen Stark is "missing" but i will assume your right as i don't remember every detail that well.
  • Options
    I have a theory that Brandon will take control (I think warg is the term) into one of the dragons...
  • Options
    Having read the first 3 books years ago and waited years for Feast for Crows and Dragons to come out, I've actually stopped caring. I think Martin has absolutely no idea where he's going with the plot and no longer gives a toss about the quality of the writing and is pretty much just cashing in with the least amount of work possible.

Unless the next one gets stellar reviews, I'm not going to bother.
  • Options
    I think Benjen will reappear in the next book as it is supposed to head further North than we've been told. Jon Snow I do not believe to be son of Ned...I'm sure we know who is Mum is but still no confirmation on the father. My money is on him being a Targaryen (Jon, Dany & Aegon). I also do not believe he is dead, just dying...I can't recall where a chapter has been told from that persons POV and they have died.
  • Options
    See I reckon Jon not dying and the dude with cold hands being Benjen Stark is too obvious.

Shame because I was hoping there would be a battle with the bastards jon and ramsay.

It could of course be stannis up to some fuckery writing that letter that wound jon and the wildlings right up before he got nutted. To get him stabbed up to be reborn as the fire sword man. He seemed to be in need of a hand stuck in the snow eating horses and frogs.

The story has got bloody huge and dear old george isn't getting any younger.
  • Options
    The theory for Jon Snow being Rhaegar Targaryen (or however you spell it) and Lyanna Stark's bastard child holds up very well to me, I think through the books they mention 2 or 3 different theories upon who Ned's mistress was while he was at war. However, none of them are legitimated are presented as rumours, I think people may have hit the nail on the head with the Stark/Targaryen story, as it would also explain Ned's disgust with Robert when he said taht he would kill every Targaryen spawn he ever saw.

@themightyath2 I completely agree with you, I feel like its becoming increasingly suggested. The whole flying thing fits and he is a warg of impressive skill/power, each dragon can have only one master until they die and I believe Bran will become one of the dragonriders through the use of his powers. It fits perfectly in my opinion.

At first I though coldhands was Benjen, but you would think that Bran would recognise him. I think he'll be reintroduced soon, the reader hasn't been allowed to forget him in the books at all, Jon is always musing about him in his monologue or something.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A Song of Ice (Jon Snow) and Fire (Dany). They'll marry and unite the seven kingdoms at the end.
  • Options
    Nice idea RedArmy but i'm not sure if that more reflects the fact that the two real godly powers of Westeros and abroad is that of the white walkers (Ice) and the Red Priests/Fire lord (Fire, obviously). That's how i'm interpreting it at least.
  • Options
    I tried to find a concise overview of all characters so far so that I could remember what is happening going into the 6th book. I couldn't find anything so put this together from memory. Please feel free to add/edit if wrong.

Jaime Lannister - about to be killed by Catelyn Stark and taken to the same group as Berric Dondarion. I think Brienne is already part of this because she failed in her oath to Catelyn. I believe they are all part of The Lord of Light Rhlor's group, the same as Stannis, Melissandre etc

Brienne - as above

Cerci - taken by the nuns or the church in Kings Landing after accusing Margery Tyrrell of some sort of sexual act. It backfired on her and she was kept in some nunnery/prison. I think her uncle Tywin Lannister's brother has rescued her but she's still got a lot to answer for as Kings Landing is struggling to keep Lannister rule. Actually if anyone can give a brief overview of the state of kings landing, I'd be very grateful.

Tyrion - currently on that ship with the crew that are charged with protecting Danerys' nephew (the young Targereyn) as he makes his claim to the Iron Throne. I'm not sure where their ship is sailing to, I believe it is Kings Landing. I know that the guy who is protecting the young Targereyn, old griff (I think) has that greyscale disease but he isn't telling anyone. I can't remember how that old griff is connected with the Targereyns either....

Jon Snow - dying or dead on the wall, losing the faith of the brothers because he wants to help Stannis, rather than remain neutral

Bran - yeah, becoming a warg and looking like he will have a major say on what happens north of the wall. I have a feeling it will be him and nature (similar to the trees in Lord of the rings) that help stop the White Walkers

Rickon - who knows, taken away with Jojen Reed???? To safety somewhere

Stannis - marching on Winterfell but lost tons of his army as they encountered a huge blizzard. Does he have Asha Greyjoy with him after some battle, think he took her prisoner. Any input here would be good.

Theon Greyjoy - escaped Roose Bolton's bastard son at Winterfell (I think) - don't know if his escape coincided with that blizzard and got recaptured

Roose Bolton - hasn't he reformed some alliances or taken over as ruler of the north. I think this is an area of focus at the moment, but I can't remember

The other greyjoys - right Asha's uncles. Really haven't a clue here. Think they are sailing to kings Landing. I think one of them thinks he's going to find Danerys and wed her

Danerys - I think, the last I read was her struggling to control her dragons, and didn't she get in some fight in the far off land and is isolated with her dragons away from her army. I should know more given she is a focal character, but just can't remember

Petr Baelish or Littlefinger - I think he is finally getting his plan moving and making a run on Kings Landing, hence Cersi's arrest. I know he's also involved in protecting Sansa, but not sure where he's keeping her. Also can't remember the other guy's name who Littelfinger is often feuding with back in Kings Landing, he has no knob he's one of the unsullied I think. He's also a schemer and helped Tyrion escape Kings Landing

Arya - currently on some mental trip down south in one of those far away lands. Learning how to change into different people or skills Maesters have. I think she will come across that guy who gave the coin and killed 3 people for her 'Valour Morgalis' and all that

The hound - I think he's fallen part of Berric Dondarion's Lord of Rhlor crew as well

The Martells - I think they have Cerci's youngest daughter, and the Prince of Dorn's daughters are fighting against his will of what role they play in the battle. I can't remember much more of them

The Tyrells - I think Margery Tyrell's grandmother has sided with littlefinger in bringing down Cerci, that's about all I can remember there

Samwell Tarly - I think his dad is starting to play a role in the changing landscape of the north. As far as I can remember he's with that girl Gilly and her baby, I believe he's trying to find Arya

Jorah Mormont - got banished by Danerys, was last in the ship with Tyrion. I think he is trying to find Danerys again as believes she is under threat and needs his help.

That's about all I can remember. Spellings and place names I forget, so please feel free to add to it if something is wrong, needs more detail. What also made it difficult was that the 4th book focused on one set of characters, the 5th book another, so it is hard to remember those in the 4th and where they are at now
  • Options
    Jon is bang in trouble, multiple stab wounds smoking and lying face down in the snow

Arya is no one she is learning the ways of the faceless people and has just killed raff the sweetling

Tyrion and jorah and the young boy have landed back in westeros and jon connington is the dude with greyscale but is keeping that to himself.

Stannis is up to something, him and his army were banging drums outside winterfell which left he of no willy escape which has greatly upset the bastard. This could all be massive red herrings though

Varys got busy with a crossbow on a lannister and littlefinger is trying to nail sansa big time.

Samwell is either about to be taken seriously or killed by a monk

The two greyjoy boatmen are smashing the shit out of everything on water and one of them now believes in the red god because a monk saved his arm

Brienne and Jamie and Pod are in a world of shit too having to explain the whole clusterfuck to a dead but now alive catelyn stark.

Brann is turning into a tree

Hodor keeps saying 'hodor'

• Options
    Love the reactions to the Red Viper v Mountain battle.

Can't wait to see their reactions to next week with Tyrion...
  • Options
    I think next weeks episode is just going to be based purely at the wall and in the wildling camp. So we'll have to wait till episode ten to see the stuff which goes down following Oberyn's death.
  • Options
    Coldhands was meant to be around long before Benjen went missing I thought, though I wouldn't rule it out. Arya is going to be very important by the end of it, she's turned/turning into one of the the Faceless Men, she'll be the one to finish off one of the big name players left in the game. Sansa as well.
  • Options
    Facebook etc are going to go crazy when Tyrion kills Tywin.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Facebook etc are going to go crazy when Tyrion kills Tywin.

yes, I hope they don't alter that, one of the most iconic moments in the books.

• Options
    Benjen as Coldhands is too obvious.

Jon Snow and his direwolf were attacked at the end of the book but I don't think we saw any reaction to them being dead so it's possible they are still alive. There are lots if discussions elsewhere about Jon being Ned's nephew instead of his bastard and that does make sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tywin getting it on the shithouse will be epic

Gonna be interesting how they deal with the fifth and sixth books on TV
  • Options
    Carter said:

Tywin getting it on the shithouse will be epic

Gonna be interesting how they deal with the fifth and sixth books on TV

Think that the 5th and 6th books move so slowly that the next series will complete the books or very nearly anyway and then we are into the unknown.
  • Options
    I think the TV series will end with the return of catelyn stark as part of berric Dondarion's crew, when she kills some of the Frey clan
  • Options
    Well in the books she has taken Dondarion's place and has grabbed hold of Jamie and wants to hang him.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Well in the books she has taken Dondarion's place and has grabbed hold of Jamie and wants to hang him.

Yes but I think it was the end of the third book she had that final chapter where she cons some frey members into some sort of meeting, then they die. It could be broadly in line with where the tv series and books meet.

Long term she'll probably try and get revenge on Jamie, but Brienne will try and stop her. That is if Brienne hasn't already become part of that walking dead brigade and helps to kill jamie.

All this just makes me want the next book to come out, it's taking ages

• Options
    cabbles said:

I think the TV series will end with the return of catelyn stark as part of berric Dondarion's crew, when she kills some of the Frey clan

I hope you're right, but with Michelle Fairleys contract ending at the end of series three, the only way I can see this happening is if they use another actress or darken her face out so they leave it on a cliff hanger with people wondering who it is. She has only made one appearance in the books since that happened, so potentially they'll do that then get her back on a rolling contract. Unless of course they go alter the books again.

• Options
    cabbles said:

cfgs said:

Yes but I think it was the end of the third book she had that final chapter where she cons some frey members into some sort of meeting, then they die. It could be broadly in line with where the tv series and books meet.

Long term she'll probably try and get revenge on Jamie, but Brienne will try and stop her. That is if Brienne hasn't already become part of that walking dead brigade and helps to kill jamie.

All this just makes me want the next book to come out, it's taking ages

Yes she hangs them I seem to remember.
  • Options
    Given Catelyn's end and the few mentions in the books following the Red Wedding I can't help but feel any future appearances will be heavily disguised or CGI'd.

What the producers are actually brilliant at doing is suggesting the action in the books while not actually showing it in great detail where it is not intrinsic to the narrative and embellishing those small details that actually carry more weight than the book might suggest. I'm thinking of the whole white walker scene with the baby especially which seemed a radical departure from the text but I think will be very important in the forthcoming seasons.

I personally can't wait to see how they deal with Arya's story when she gets to Braavos. How good was she when she started to giggle at the Black Gate? I may be a little in love with Maisie Williams - but just in a fatherly sort of way you understand.

Valar Morgulhis!
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

Given Catelyn's end and the few mentions in the books following the Red Wedding I can't help but feel any future appearances will be heavily disguised or CGI'd.

What the producers are actually brilliant at doing is suggesting the action in the books while not actually showing it in great detail where it is not intrinsic to the narrative and embellishing those small details that actually carry more weight than the book might suggest. I'm thinking of the whole white walker scene with the baby especially which seemed a radical departure from the text but I think will be very important in the forthcoming seasons.

I personally can't wait to see how they deal with Arya's story when she gets to Braavos. How good was she when she started to giggle at the Black Gate? I may be a little in love with Maisie Williams - but just in a fatherly sort of way you understand.

Valar Morgulhis!

She has eyebrows like bears willies.

• Options
    cfgs said:

JWADDICK said:

Valar Morgulhis!

She has eyebrows like bears willies.

I'm sure she'd be very pleased to hear that.