Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Look at the moon tonight.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just had a look.....sordell hit it.
  • Options

Just took the kids out to see the ISS that was an incredible feeling knowing there are people up there going round the world in 3 hours or whatever the stats are!

Takes just over 90 minutes to travel around the world, the speed and altitude (over 260 miles high) are mindblowing
  • Options

Watched the. Space station fly over last night. Nothing spectacular about it but it does blow the mind a little when you consider the bigger picture

Is that the bright light that is above to the right?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Was up in rural Suffolk last week, on the coast. We had no light pollution and wonderful clear skies. One of my mates had a telescope and what we saw was amazing. The moon to start with was fantastic. We only had half the moon but it was just superb to see the craters so clear. We also saw Jupiter, Mars and Saturn. The Google Space app is very good. To see a planet through a telescope and actually see a defined sphere rather than just a bright light is something else. Sadly where we live in London the light pollution is pretty awful but today's full moon was good. The September full, The Harvest Moon is simply something else, even o the naked eye.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Watched the. Space station fly over last night. Nothing spectacular about it but it does blow the mind a little when you consider the bigger picture

Is that the bright light that is above to the right?
    No. It moves west to east 4 times a day. Looks a bit like a plane going over but no flashing light. There's an app you can get to track it if you're a bit nerdy........ Like me

• Options
    Will look up at the sky tonight any dream of a team of kermorgants
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I spent more time looking at the moon last night than what was happening on the pitch.