Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Installing Hardware problems

Wonder if any of you can help me.

I have a hardware device that requires to install on a 32 bit PC only but unfortunatly I have a 64 bit PC. As soon as I plug the device in to my computer the message comes up with "USB Device Not Recognized"

Does this mean my hardware is not compatible for my PC or is there a way to install it successfully?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Windows I assume? If so, what version? It would help if you said what the device is?

Have a look on the vendor website as there will probably be downloadable drivers which will sort out any compatibility issues.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Windows I assume? If so, what version?

Windows Vista 64 bit
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Windows Vista 64 bit
    What are you trying to install? Make, model and vendor would be useful.
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

Windows Vista 64 bit
    What are you trying to install? Make, model and vendor would be useful.
    This

http://www.numark.com/product/totalcontrol
  • Options
    That message is the generic one Windoze gives you when it doesn't have the drivers for a piece of hardware already. Two things you can do - allow windows update to search for the driver and install it, or go to the manufacturer's website and see if they have drivers for the operating system you're using. Whilst we're on the operating system - get rid of Vista. It's shite. :)
  • Options

That message is the generic one Windoze gives you when it doesn't have the drivers for a piece of hardware already. Two things you can do - allow windows update to search for the driver and install it, or go to the manufacturer's website and see if they have drivers for the operating system you're using. Whilst we're on the operating system - get rid of Vista. It's shite. :)

Unfortunatly the device I am using does not come with a harddrive software so I am pretty stuck on that one.
  • Options
    As far as I can see that device is only compatible with Vista 32 bit.

As Leroy said, try and get Windows to find a compatible driver. Doesn't look like there are any to download on the web site.

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Unfortunatly the device I am using does not come with a harddrive software so I am pretty stuck on that one.
    What do you mean by 'harddrive software'?
  • Options

But don't go to Windows 8(.1), tis also a load of old cobblers. Windows 7 is your best bet if you have to have a Windoze machine (as you can probably tell, I don't).
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

What do you mean by 'harddrive software'?
    i think he means software on a CD or DVD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oic. Just bite the bullet and buy Windows 7. And yes, windows 8 and 8.1 both suck too.
  • Options
    Hi Discocafc.
    a few questions.
    1) using a laptop or dektop. What model?
    2) Is the numark total commander new or old (secondhand, or used on other computer before?)
    3) amd or intel chip?
    4) can you plug other usb devices into the computer which work?

Vista 64 bit can have issues with usb devices.....................ie (4) will answer alot.
  • Options
    Here's the answer you want:

The drivers might be included here http://numark-total-control.en.softonic.com/
    But otherwise there seems to be no driver support on the official website.

It doesn't matter that your windows is running 64-bit windows as it is compatible with 32-bit drivers (the other way round, however, won't work).

And in the unlikely event you decide to upgrade your copy of windows, don't install windows 7, windows 8.1 is a very good, refined operating system and performs better than windows 7 on similar hardware.