Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Soup and Other Wonders

After devouring a bowl of pumpkin soup, it set me to thinking... I only really discovered the wonder of pumpkins at the beginning of last year, on a trip to vietnam. Prior to this i was stuck thinking they were only good for one thing... carving faces out of. Whilst they do excel at having random pictures carved into the side of them, it was eye-opening to discover that they can taste good too. I don't really recall seeing pumpkin soup for sale in the UK, although I may be wrong, you see I feel I have always had a blind spot for other flavoured soups, Heinz Tomato Soup was always the winner for me. Alas i think it has been toppled off it's perch at long last.

So, as I sit here, not procrastinating, in the slightest. It got me wondering what other mouth-watering food I have been missing out on over the years. Have you always considered something to be too poor for your pallet, only to discover it opens up whole new meaning to the word delectable?

Comments

• Options
    When I was young I would only eat tomato soup, as I got older I became more adventurous and eat most soups although mulligatawny is a bit too spicy.

Also I would never touch trifle as it looked so horrible, anyway I gave it a try and it was great and couldn't get enough of it after that.
  • Options
    Baxters Royal Game is a favourite - like posh oxtail it is...
  • Options
    I love the morrisons own brand red pepper soup it creamy and full of flavour can't get enough of it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Pindasoep

Surinamese peanut soup. Used to be able to buy it in Lidl, but sadly not any longer. It's amazing.
  • Options
    French onion
  • Options
    Won ton soup my fave
  • Options
    Hot & sour soup, love a good one.
  • Options
    Cant beat a good homemade pea soup!
  • Options
    Chic pea and chorizo, no idea of the brand but its amazing
  • Options
    You really can't beat home made soups; in fact I make one almost every week using whatever veg I still have available.
    My favourite soup is Pistou or any variation of it - thick and hearty, almost more like a stew.
    Serve with fresh crusty bread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back in the olden olden days, when I was a carnivore, they used to sell clear (not cream of) chicken soup, which was lovely with a lot of ground black pepper, and a fresh bread roll.
    Is clear Chicken soup still sold?
  • Options
    Only one winner in tin soups and I can't buy it here....Cullen Skink.

I make a lot of homemade soups....carrot & pumpkin works well, thick creamy Mushroom, Chicken & Vegetable to name but three.
  • Options
    Minestrone with parmesan and loads of black pepper. Or subtly spiced pumpkin and butternut squash. Other wonders include my own chicken and chorizo with chilli and coriander served with spaghetti.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Back in the olden olden days, when I was a carnivore, they used to sell clear (not cream of) chicken soup, which was lovely with a lot of ground black pepper, and a fresh bread roll.
    Is clear Chicken soup still sold?

The fresh soups they sell in morrisons (probably other places too) has a chicken and sweet corn soup which is clear, very nice too.
  • Options
    Baxters Carrot and Butter Bean Soup. Yum. Also just about any Vietnamese soup, particularly beef satay, but needs to be freshly prepared, would be awful out of a tin.
  • Options
    mulligatawny or tom yum
  • Options
    Leek and potato for me
  • Options
    I love soup, just about my favourite food and every time I have it I say I love soup I cannot help myself. Too many favourites to mention but
    My most eaten soup is weightwatchers easy vegetable soup which has zero points, basically any veg + butternut squash and a stock cube blitzed.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Heinz Cream of Chicken with Aromatic Thai Spices
    Heinz Big Soup Full on Flavour Fiery Chicken & Chorizo
    Heinz Farmers' Market Seven Vegetable Soup
    Heinz Cream of Tomato with a Kick of Chilli
    All with soda bread

• Options
    Canned soups are overpriced flavoured water.
    Make your own and freeze it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gazpacho, dahl or French onion
  • Options
    Homemade leek and potatoe all day long
  • Options

French onion

Got to have croutons and grilled gruyere on top.
  • Options

Heinz Cream of Chicken with Aromatic Thai Spices
    Heinz Big Soup Full on Flavour Fiery Chicken & Chorizo
    Heinz Farmers' Market Seven Vegetable Soup
    Heinz Cream of Tomato with a Kick of Chilli
    All with soda bread

Four soups and soda bread?

You fat bastard!
    You fat bastard!
    You ate all the soups
  • Options
    Carrot and coriander is pretty tasty.
  • Options
    Carrot and coriander
    Butternut squash and red pepper
    Mulligatawny
    Creamed sweetcorn
    Gammon, pea and mint

All homemade
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Just read this thread whilst eating a 'back of the cupboard' Heinz Minnistrone.

Bland rubbish. A generous 4/10
  • Options
    Thai chicken soup

Or

Chorizo and butter bean soup

From the tesco finest range
  • Options

Just read this thread whilst eating a 'back of the cupboard' Heinz Minnistrone.

Bland rubbish. A generous 4/10

Its 17 degrees and Sunday Afka. Soup?
  • Options
    I had roasted red pepper soup for dinner last night with sainsburys multiseed bread. Yummy