Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who you wana see in English football?

While I'm stuck on a train delay with a sudden titanic atmosphere, who do you wana see in English football that currently plays overseas?

Roland done the honours by bringing in Dave (reza), but I'm thinking, imbrahimovic would bring the premier league a nice boost of entertainment and quality.

See the mourinho hug Clip? Could go Chelsea.

Obvious choice would be messi.

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    I think the obvious choices would be Messi... Iniesta and Xavi

For me it was always Andriy Shevchenko that I wanted to see in the Premier League and couldnt believe it when I saw him playing against us, now though I think the three mentioned and Ibrahamovic along with Falcao would be the most interesting to see... maybe Schweinsteiger / Gotze or Ribery from Germany... Pirlo and Buffon from Italy
  • Options
    Pirlo!
  • Options
    Ibra, messi and Ronaldo once again for me. Agreed about shevchenko, I remember thinking he was perfect for the premier league. I guess the move to Chelsea just came a bit too late in his career.
  • Options
    El Sharaawy
  • Options
    #DareToZlatan
  • Options
    Diego Costa

Apart from Suarez, the Prem is really missing goalscorers at the moment
  • Options

Ibra, messi and Ronaldo once again for me. Agreed about shevchenko, I remember thinking he was perfect for the premier league. I guess the move to Chelsea just came a bit too late in his career.

I think as all the other Strikers that have gone to Chelsea (Torres... Crespo... Pizarro... Sturridge etc...) they're just not a side that play well with a natural Striker or 4-4-2 formation... Reckon had Shevchenko or had any of the others mentioned joined Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal then they would have been fine
  • Options

I think as all the other Strikers that have gone to Chelsea (Torres... Crespo... Pizarro... Sturridge etc...) they're just not a side that play well with a natural Striker or 4-4-2 formation... Reckon had Shevchenko or had any of the others mentioned joined Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal then they would have been fine
    Drogba did ok!
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Drogba did ok!
    Have always found though that Chelsea prefer to play one Striker up top with the wingers in support (So a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 type)... With Drogba he's the big bulky type Striker who could harass and bully the Central Defenders, take it on alone or hold the ball up in support whereas the others are all types who prefer to play on the shoulders of the last man and be in one-on-one situations.

I think its the problem with our formation as well at the moment... Reza / Sordell / Church / Obika are all being asked to play that exact same type of role but dont have the physicality required
  • Options
    Ibrahimovic, Falcao, Pirlo, Ribery, Messi, Iniesta, Thiago Silva, Casillas, Diego Costa, Lavezzi, Sergio Ramos and Schweinsteiger, some of them because they are world class, some because they are exciting players, and some to see if they can handle the Premiership
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leave them all abroad and appreciate the foreign leagues ;)
  • Options
    Pogba snicker
  • Options
    Kevin Muscat
  • Options
    Balotelli
  • Options

Leave them all abroad and appreciate the foreign leagues ;)

Yes. Foreign players in English leagues are one huge reason we find it difficult to get home grown English talent through.
  • Options
    None of them, unless they are signing for us...
  • Options
    Clive Mendonca all day long.
  • Options
    Isco, Ronaldo (again), Iniesta, Messi, Zlatan, Benzema, Cavani, Falcao, Ribery, Diego Costa.