Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Atletico Madrid V Barcelona

Game is live on Sky 1
Sky 1 is now free for talk talk TV customers

Madrid already 1-0 up and could be 3 (hitting the post twice)
Barca dont look like they know what they are doing and cant hold on to the ball

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2014
    still 1-0 but again Madrid hit the crossbar will they regret missing these chances
  • Options
    when was the last time that 2 clubs from the same city were in the semis of the Champs cup/league?
  • Options
    That looked like a pen
  • Options

when was the last time that 2 clubs from the same city were in the semis of the Champs cup/league?

Arsenal & Chelsea - 2009?
  • Options

What does that have to do with anything? Theyre not from the same city...

• Options

Muppet .. these are the 1/4 finals .. Real are already in the SEMIS if Athletico join them that is 2 clubs FROM THE SAME CITY IN THE SEMIS
  • Options
    Real and Atletico. Both of them will be in the semis.
  • Options

Arsenal & Chelsea - 2009?
    could be .. is that right ?
  • Options
    Athletico are a big threat to Bayern .. but (for no logical reason) I still fancy Chelsea
  • Options
    Messi was awful tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DeeBee said:

Messi was awful tonight

he's getting old .. lost that youthful, beautiful ability .. and the team around him is not what it was
  • Options

DeeBee said:

Messi was awful tonight

he's getting old .. lost that youthful, beautiful ability .. and the team around him is not what it was
    The first time i've ever watched Messi and felt like he was wasting a place in the team. Neymar looked to be the only real outlet
  • Options

Muppet .. these are the 1/4 finals .. Real are already in the SEMIS if Athletico join them that is 2 clubs FROM THE SAME CITY IN THE SEMIS
    You got me, i wasn't thinking that far down the line.
  • Options

DeeBee said:

Messi was awful tonight

He is only 26 got a few years till he loses that pace yet.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

That looked like a pen

Was definitely a penalty and Mascherano knew it put his hands over his face straight away
  • Options
    Was disappointed that Madrid got a free kick as the clock went to 90 and it was taken at 91 and then they got a free kick at 91 and took it 92 and yet Webb added nothing extra
  • Options
    You don't stop clock for free kicks. What about the ten other fouls where there were walls to be lined up and decisions to make re who would take it? Game would never end!
  • Options

Was disappointed that Madrid got a free kick as the clock went to 90 and it was taken at 91 and then they got a free kick at 91 and took it 92 and yet Webb added nothing extra

That happened to Arsenal in the same competition last year. I must admit - with no love for Arsenal or Barca, that disturbs me - I don't know why it doesn't bother FIFA and UEFA!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    MrOneLung said:

You don't stop clock for free kicks. What about the ten other fouls where there were walls to be lined up and decisions to make re who would take it? Game would never end!

But if 3 minutes are added on, and they take 1 minute to take a corner it is supposed to be added on at the end of the 3 minutes, it is as clear time wasting as anything and the ball is not in play.
  • Options
    The clock doesnt stop when ball goes out of play - this happens multiple times a game and doesnt get added on, so why this one random free kick or corner at the end?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take it that Atletico's keeper won't be allowed to play if they get drawn against Chelsea!
  • Options
    They have to pay Chelsea £4.9m if they want him to play and they have said they cant afford that so doubt he will play
  • Options
    MattD said:

DeeBee said:

Messi was awful tonight

He is only 26 got a few years till he loses that pace yet.

Like Rooney, he is still quite young .. BUT .. has a lot of miles on the clock .. been closely marked and kicked around for about 8 years and all the games and knocks are starting to tell .. also, he looks much beefier than he used to .. gym work/heavy muscle slowing him down or 'middle age spread' starting at age 26 ?
  • Options
    Didn't messi score a hattrick in an El Classico the other week? If 26 is old then some posters on here must be ancient. Rooneys always been average, he's had one great season 4 years ago an that's it.
  • Options

Didn't messi score a hattrick in an El Classico the other week? If 26 is old then some posters on here must be ancient. Rooneys always been average, he's had one great season 4 years ago an that's it.

Two were penalties....
  • Options

Two were penalties....
    Last time i checked a penalty was still a goal
  • Options

Two were penalties....
    Last time i checked a penalty was still a goal
    Yeah but to claim scoring two penalties means he's still at his best is a bit of a stretch.

Though interesting to note that Messi hasn't scored against Athletico in the last 6 games between them.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

They have to pay Chelsea £4.9m if they want him to play and they have said they cant afford that so doubt he will play

In my opinion this speaks volumes about how the loan system favours the wealthier clubs.

Good luck Athletico hope you win the league and Champions league.

• Options

Two were penalties....
    he's also still scored 25 goals in 25 la liga games this season... All because he might not be at the insanely high level he's usually been at this season doesn't mean he isn't still utterly brilliant.