Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Boxall

A number of arrests following a £20K reward.
Anyone remember this? Think we lost at Selhurst against Millwall 0-2.
Evil bastards.

itv.com/news/london/update/2014-04-08/three-men-arrested-for-murder-of-15-year-old-lee-boxall/

Comments

• After all this time. Not "good" news but hopefully some closure for the family.
  • Remember this and always thought what happened was strange and didn't add up.

I don't think he supported us or the Spanners and was just going to the game as a neutral with some mates.It really concentrates the mind to think that he would be 41 now.
  • Wow, hopefully some answers for the family at last.
  • remember this well....one of the men and the woman arrested would've been the same age as him
  • Remember this but never remembered it was un solved

26 years ago
  • That doesn't sound good. Remember the posters and other requests for info at the time.

Really feel for the family given the charges, just terrible.

• Interesting to note that a 41 yr old male & a 42 yr old female have also been arrested so they would have been around his age at the time........were they his friends at the time or just some kids he met ??
  • edited April 2014
    That's tragic, was just before my time. Just did a quick search and read a little bit more about it at LBC.

Never ceases to surprise me that after 26 years something can still happen. Perhaps it surprises me a little bit more that there's been people going around for those 26 years thinking they got away with it, that it's over: and perhaps those people today have had a huge wake up call. I hope so.

Interesting to note that a 41 yr old male & a 42 yr old female have also been arrested so they would have been around his age at the time........were they his friends at the time or just some kids he met ??

Yeah, I was just going to mention that. Whilst the 52 and 78 year olds would've been 26 and 42 - so obviously the adults involved, if they're guilty. Strange that the ones that would've been his age ( -/+ 1) have also been taken in for indecent acts on a child.

I also suspect those whom have been arrested with perverting the course of justice had kept quiet over what they knew. That may explain it to an extent. (Just see they've all been arrested with that as an offence)
  • I remember this case as he is the same age as me and was at the age when I would pop along to different games with friends.

I think there has been a lot of speculation via reconstructions and the like and from the reasons for arrest we can all make assumptions as to what happened

Hoping it brings some sort of closure to his family.
  • edited April 2014
    I remember this, as if it was yesterday.

I believe there was some very recent publicity about Lee, unless I'm mistaken. Perhaps, this led to new information.

RIP Lee.