Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Cheers Henry. Was just telling someone last night about the 90 coach convoy trailing out of Nottingham, and the somewhat flustered driver waiting, leaning forlornly on his bonnet. We all remember stuttering over the line for the title but we also ran up 12 consecutive League wins that season; an achievement Curbs was rightly very proud of.

That Platt hasn't gone on to great things as a manager doesn't surprise me somehow - he clearly felt Prutton (who he knew from his time at Forest) was a far better bet than Parker, frequently preferring him for the England U21's.

• What a frustrating end to the season that was.
  • And i was the steward on the last coach to leave Charlton......typical!
  • Looking at the division that season, back then who would have guessed that Stockport and Grimsby would both lose their League status within just a few seasons?

And now Pompey living very dangerously at the wrong end of the Fourth Division.

• Yellow shirt day.
  • Stig said:

Yellow shirt day.

I've still ogt the ridiculously xxl (all that was left in the shop) yellow mesh number from that day. Am i right in thinking there was a £10-15 offer on?

The mrs LOVES it when i put that bad boy on
  • Ashley cole made his debut that season, it seems like he's been around for ever not just 14 years
  • clive said:
    How f*****g good was that side? Makes you weep when you consider the shyte we've got now.
  • I struggle to watch anything of us in the prem these days, the club has fallen so hard since then that era is almost tainted. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What’s a left footed player doing playing left back??  
  • "City don't seem to belong to the same league as Charlton..." .. shows what changes a half BILLION sterling can bring about