Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upbeats end of season visit

I've just the ok back from Terry and confirmed we can visit the Upbeats at Sparrows Lane.
After a hugely successful season for the Upbeats with them winning several arranged games in their league it would be nice to round off the season a more "Upbeat"......... ;)
With me moving house and alsorts going on with Bailey and his modelling career this date has taken some sorting out including getting the first team opt out of a cup final appearance. So the date has been confirmed as 17th May ( cup final day) around 1.00pm. I'm hoping to get Terry to update us on how the Upbeats have done this year as we'll watch and join in (the more energetic of you) a full of fun training session. This is also when we hope Mr & Mrs FF efforts will be rewarded and we will be able to see the Pierre Bolangi Memorial Garden in full bloom.
Yes, Bailey will be there with his normal routine and available for a cuddle and a photo, as well as some agility work with the Upbeats along with JJ (our new addition) in an unofficial capacity. With the whole thing normally finished by 2.30 so there's still time to retire to the local pub and watch the game. Hope to see some of you there and BDL if you or anyone else wishes to take photos you will be more than welcome, it's always run passed the parents on the day but not normally a problem. Any photos taken of my dogs, I just ask that I get a copy (emailed) ;)
So if you have a couple of hours to spare, Sparrows Lane 1.00pm cup final day.

Comments

• Options
    The Upbeats also have their final league games of the season this Sunday at Maidstone United's ground, and everyone is welcome. Will post up more details tomorrow
  • Options
    Bumped........
  • Options
    Thanks for organising this, T.C.E.

Looking forward to it !
  • Options
    Bump...
  • Options
    seth plum said:

In a grim grim season, that upbeats half time pitch invasion still makes me smile at the memory of it, maybe the best moment in the whole season actually.

I'm gutted I missed this. Any pictures on You Tube ? I find them so uplifting.

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Brian said:

seth plum said:

In a grim grim season, that upbeats half time pitch invasion still makes me smile at the memory of it, maybe the best moment in the whole season actually.

I'm gutted I missed this. Any pictures on You Tube ? I find them so uplifting.

http://youtu.be/6dKQ2JPzqKs

Thanks a lot.

• Options
    bump.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hoped the Upbeats were going to be there today! Lovely to see all the academy lads but where were the Upbeats!!
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    The Memorial Garden is coming along nicely , with most of the planting now completed.

However, for those expecting a Chelsea Flower Show type exhibit, maybe take a look at this time next year when everything has become more established , especially the Red Robin photinia hedging. Mature plants for this would have cost circa £ 25 each which was beyond our budget.

At last week's FF meeting ( you'll have to wait until the report is on the OS link this time !) a further £100 was donated by the Group and this will be partly spent on some evergreen climbers for the wooden arch above the Pierre Bolangi bust.

Mr F & myself will, of course continue to maintain the area ( weeding/mowing/dead heading etc) throughout the close season & hopefully the players will see a colourful display when they return for pre season training .

And I hope that some pics can be sent to the gaffer before too long as he always showed an interest in the project, bless him.

See you on the 17th.
  • Options
    Just over a week to go until our visit to SL , Bailey was introduced to a young lad with autism who was fascinated by JJ actually walking as the first time he'd seen him I was carrying him in a rucksack, like most youngsters he's overwhelmed with Baileys size hopefully now they have become friends Ashley will be confident enough to walk Bailey. Hopefully we'll see a few of you next weekend. I'll be there around 1230/13.00 imageimage
  • Options
    Nice one, Ray.

See you there !
  • Options
    I'm in Ireland next weekend so unfortunately can't make it which is a shame as would like to have gone.
  • Options
    I reckon I'll be doing around 700 miles this weekend with these guys starting with our visit to Sparrows lane tomorrow along with BDL and of course Fanny Fanackapan with weather looking promising hopefully a few more will come along, see from about 12.30. imageimage
  • Options
    I'm hoping to pop down Ray, see you tomorrow hopefully
  • Options
    can we just "turn up"?
  • Options
    Yes, no worrys there Alex..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cheers Ray
  • Options
    Ray, do you know whereabouts it will be tomorrow. Is it the astro past the main building, or is the dome up in the ground again ?
  • Options
    Hoping to pop along for a bit. Have a BBQ in the afternoon so may only be for half an hour.
  • Options
    I believe its on the Astroturf, the dome will probably be down by now..........................
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    Assume the astro has boards around it? Was thinking of taking my little boy down if the weather was good but he would not be able to see in I am guessing (without sitting on my shoulders anyway!
  • Options
    There's plenty of room inside to watch AC I'm sure he'll have some fun.
  • Options
    Bump bump.
  • Options
    Have a great time, guys.
  • Options
    Just back from our visit to SL to see the Upbeats, T.C.E and his lovely dogs.

Watched the young 'uns training & having great fun before they spent some time with their furry friends. A lot of love shared there!

David Bailey ( aka BDL ) took loads of pics which hopefully he might post on here to give everyone a taste of the session. And AFKA made a short but perfectly formed appearance.

When the training was over, we adjourned to the Pierre Bolangi Memorial Garden to admire the hard work that has been put in to its development ( puffs out chest !) and for a couple more snaps with Rob our able helper from the SL grounds staff.

But the highlight of the visit was undoubtedly meeting Ray (T.C.E.) It's always great to put a face to a name of course & this was no exception. Such a lovely guy who gladly donates his time to the Upbeats & gains so much from the enjoyment they find in Bailey & now JJ too. Yet another example of the generosity of our very special Charlton family.

Ray is planning to make these visits 3 times a year so next time, please try to come along to meet him, view the garden and of course share in the Upbeat experience. You won't be disappointed.