Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations to Raith Rovers

My Scottish team beat Rangers 1-0 in the Ramsden Cup at Easter Road today .This is the Scottish equivalent of the JPT.

Good to see them celebrate the 20th anniversary of their famous League Cup win over Celtic which led to their unlikely European campaign when they played Bayern Munich by beating the other member of the Old Firm.

Comments

• Richard J said:

My Scottish team beat Rangers 1-0 in the Ramsden Cup at Easter Road today .This is the Scottish equivalent of the JPT.

Good to see them celebrate the 20th anniversary of their famous League Cup win over Celtic which led to their unlikely European campaign when they played Bayern Munich by beating the other member of the Old Firm.

Which commentator was it came out with the bloomer "they'll be singing on the streets of Raith tonight" some years back?
  • LenGlover said:

Richard J said:

Which commentator was it came out with the bloomer "they'll be singing on the streets of Raith tonight" some years back?
    Sam Leitch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Leitch
  • This was just on in the background on BBC alba... Took me 20 mins before I realised they weren't talking english
  • it is not the equivalent of the JPT, more like Conference cup final. the biggest crowd in Scottish 'prem' yesterday was 11k, after that they were all about 5k, pony league, not worth the publicity.
  • Roath Ravers.
  • it is not the equivalent of the JPT, more like Conference cup final. the biggest crowd in Scottish 'prem' yesterday was 11k, after that they were all about 5k, pony league, not worth the publicity.

What are the attendances like in other countries with a population of 5m ?

Given that Scotland has one of the highest percentages of population that attend football matches on earth it's not only stupid to compare it to the English league, it's ignorant.
  • I almost bit, but stopped myself. I think the attendance to population ratio is the highest in Europe.
  • What a great Sunday... three points in the morning for Starks Park Rovers, then the mighty Raith came good in the afternoon....
  • I almost bit, but stopped myself. I think the attendance to population ratio is the highest in Europe.

Massively slewed by the old firm though isn't it?
  • edited April 2014
    And previously used to be one of the better footballing countries in the world in relation to their population size but now even I'd they had only 11 inhabitants they'd still be considered complete shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Still, the rugby's good.