Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A fanbase I largely detest but RIP.....

RIP to the two Leeds fans brutally murdered on the streets of Istanbul. Can't believe it was 14 years ago. Where does the time go?
Always vowed I would never set foot in that Country as a result and as petty as that may seem to some, I still stick by that.

Comments

• They'll be too busy killing themselves soon, civil war is not far off for them.
  • Loco said:

They'll be too busy killing themselves soon, civil war is not far off for them.

What, in Leeds? I know their take-over fell through, but civil war is a bit much.................
  • Please don't let football antics in a country cloud your views. Turkey is a wonderful country and the people too....Same as Italy! Just don't go to the country for football and you will experience a warm and exciting culture.
  • Been to Turkey three times, and every time the people there have been welcoming, pleasant, funny, entertaining... I've never had a moment of concern there. It's a bit like saying you'd never go to the Lake District 'cos you saw Millwall fans having a fight on the telly once.
  • 'Millwall fans having a fight' is very different to two innocent Englishman being butchered on the streets and the subsequent behaviour of the Club and Country following the murders.
  • Every Turkish person I have met have been very friendly and warm. It's a shame if football brings the worst out of people. Doesn't say a lot for football does it!
  • If you don't want to go to a country because some arseholes live there your options will be limited somewhat.
  • The idea of going turkey wouldn't bother me but nor would I feel very encouraged by it. Just doesn't sound interesting.
    RIP to those guys.

It's a tragic thing really, life.

Innocent people's death caused just for going to another country to support a football team. Getting butchered by people that are not human.

Think how much more a thing like that would hit closer to home if they were Charlton fans?
  • RIP. The Turkish people I know are disgusted by what happened to those poor guys.
  • Uboat said:

If you don't want to go to a country because some arseholes live there your options will be limited somewhat.

Quote of the century.
  • Sponsored links:

• 'Millwall fans having a fight' is very different to two innocent Englishman being butchered on the streets and the subsequent behaviour of the Club and Country following the murders.

I would imagine far more innocent Englishmen have been butchered by Englishmen in England.

RIP to the two killed.
  • You can throw Egypt and Tunisia in with it as well.
    Nothing to do with football, but never fancied any of the three.
  • You can throw the birthplace of civilisation in too. What did they bring to Plato's table? I wouldn't go there on three legs.

As for Carthage. We don't let ELEPHANTS in. JD.