Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Shirts For 90 Quid??

Heard on the radio today, don't know if its true, thought it was a belated Aprils fool to be honest , they replica England shirts are going to be 90 quid!

For that sort of dosh I'd expect David Beckhsm to iron it for me!

You can however purchase a 'stadium version' whatever that is for 60 quid, wherever happened to Sports Direct flogging cheap England footie shirts?

Comments

• Options
    I have never bought an England replica shirt in my life.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

What do you ceremoniously burn then mate when we get knocked out? :-)
  • Options
    Buy a snide from the market the week before the event
    a) cheaper
    b) gives endless hours of fun to your friends to rip it out of you
  • Options
    No, I didn't mean it maliciously, I'm just not that interested in International football and definitely not to the point where I'd buy a cheaply made, huge profit margin, man made fibre bit of cloth.

Besides @RedChaser I'm a tree-hugging child of the world. I don't do borders :-)
  • Options
    Buy a white thermal vest and stick an England badge on it.
  • Options
    The New England shirt comes in two different styles. The £45 replica and the much dearer £90 match issue shirt. The match issue one is the version that the players will be wearing in the World Cup. These shirts are made from better quality materials. I do feel sorry for nike here as they have been doing this sort of thing for years and no one has moaned about it. In fact, Holland, Brazil, Germany, Spain, all of the major rugby union national teams have all being doing this for years. BTW, I do not work for nike or adidas but have been collecting stuff like this for years

Ultimately, the choice lays with the consumer.
  • Options
    How much do the sweat shop workers get paid for each shirt they make? My guess 50p.
    How much does the material cost. My guess 50p.
    = £1 giving a Profit of at least £89.
    No wonder that Ashley bloke is so rich.
  • Options

How much do the sweat shop workers get paid for each shirt they make? My guess 50p.

Believe me, those £90 shirts will not have been made in a sweatshop, the £45 ones.....yes

• Options
    The workers will get less that a fraction of a penny per shirt averaged out I reckon
  • Options
    edited April 2014

50p labour per shirt? I don't think so mate. I'd guess some are paid as little as 15pence per day, not per shirt. Materials probably less than 50p too. But there will be a bit of cost in shipping and other expenses on its way back to the uk. The price is absolutely disgusting. Just seen the Italy top for £40 and it's a lot nicer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

What do you ceremoniously burn then mate when we get knocked out? :-)
    Super skunk?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

50p labour per shirt? I don't think so mate. I'd guess some are paid as little as 15pence per day, not per shirt. Materials probably less than 50p too. But there will be a bit of cost in shipping and other expenses on its way back to the uk. The price is absolutely disgusting. Just seen the Italy top for £40 and it's a lot nicer.
    And if you hunt around you will be able to get the match issue Italy shirt for about £100 too. I got one a few years ago, completely different from the £40 replica shirt.

• Options
    I've always found it strange when following England away that the lads that travel all over the world wouldn't dream of wearing a club shirt on a Saturday, but everyone wears an England shirt at tournaments etc

I won't be buying one, need to sort the moobs out first
  • Options
    Still got my admiral shirt and trackie top wear them as there the nuts
    Unlike the mordern ones " change the colour of the piping round the neck so everyone will buy the new kit " just a con
    Feel sorry for the parents caught up in it
  • Options

I won't be buying one, need to sort the moobs out first

Tell Roy to stop picking Rooney then.