Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Buddah Bellies

The restaurant, who has been what do you think?

Our wedding anniversary is on Monday we can't use a baby sitter because of obvious reasons, so need to take all kids out for a meal with us so was thinking of going.

Comments

• Options
    Been to the one in Maidstone twice, the first was a Sunday lunchtime, the second a Saturday evening. The evening food was really good.
  • Options
    There's one in Bromley.

Seems a real odd mix of food so haven't tried it but seems a cheapish meal and plenty of variety if you are taking kids/adults with different tastes then seems a good option
  • Options
    Have heard too many options not enough flavour or quality...
  • Options
    reki zen in orpington is very nice if you got the kids with you
  • Options
    Went to the one in Maidstone, bit of a free for all, weird combination of dishes, not a huge variety of choices within each section eg Chinese had rice, a chicken dish & a beef dish - I got the impression they've tried to do too much & should have stuck to being an Indian buffet or a Chinese buffet
  • Options
    The Bromley one has an appalling reputation. Terrible service, cold food and overpriced drinks.
  • Options
    Been to the one in Bromley a couple of times and its average at best
  • Options
    Not very inspiring reviews so far, I would be going to the Maidstone one as closer, Orpington is to far @itsmyball‌ but thanks. The reason why I thought it would have been a good idea is because my children are all very different in the types of good they eat so I thought there may be something for everyone? If it's not very nice though if will think of something else rent to yummy yummy in Maidstone a year ago I didnt like that much.
  • Options
    Been to the Maidstone one. Always a bit wary of "all you can eat" places. Often encourages you to eat far too much, without being too selective with choice. It's not great, but neither is it bad either. Plenty of choice/variation, but would agree with another poster regarding strange mix of foods available. Just about everything. Indian, Chinese, Thai, Italian type, chips. ice cream etc.
    Liked the area where Chef was preparing/cooking Massala Dosi (sort of large Indian savoury pancake) in front of you. Restaurant's worth a try. It's one of those scenarios where you have to give it a go, and judge yourself.
  • Options
    Thought this was going to be about the Leeds crowd last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Better off going to a Jimmy Eats World
  • Options
    Was in Bromley yesterday to visit my folks and asked about it, average they said.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thought the Maidstone one was rubbish. Stir Fry station was a big queue then dripping in soy sauce so watery and far too salty, naans were crispy, their ice cream machine kept running out so we never got any and then they refused to serve us an extra drink at the table and bought the bill out before we asked, because they had double booked the table for about an hour after we arrived.

Chom Chom in Canterbury does the same thing a lot better.

• Options

The Bromley one has an appalling reputation. Terrible service, cold food and overpriced drinks.

Horrible place, cheap food
  • Options
    Glad my instinct on the Bromley one was right. Still seems to be quite busy whenever I go passed.
  • Options
    Been to the Bromley one twice (not my personal choice) and it is average, IMHO.
    Near that location if you're after Chinese Ginny's Kitchen in Central Bromley has had good things said about it and the Peking Diner on Burnt Ash Lane has always been good for me and my family. If it's curry then I'm not usually disappointed at The Shampan in Chatterton Road, Bromley (who also happen to sponsor Bromley FC).
    Hope you find a suitable eatery...
  • Options

Near that location if you're after Chinese Ginny's Kitchen in Central Bromley has had good things said about it and the Peking Diner on Burnt Ash Lane has always been good for me and my family. If it's curry then I'm not usually disappointed at The Shampan in Chatterton Road, Bromley (who also happen to sponsor Bromley FC).

Mandarian Palace is much closer and better IMO than Ginny's.

Shampan in Chatterton Road is good too

But if you are a Charlton fan eating in Bromley then surely it has to be belgo-restaurants.co.uk/menus/belgo-bromley/main-menu
  • Options
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    i can see how it might work for big families with a budget and variety of tastes but i went once to the one in bromley and it was awful ...thought i was on a very bad all inclusive 1 star holiday to benidorm

• Options

But if you are a Charlton fan eating in Bromley then surely it has to be belgo-restaurants.co.uk/menus/belgo-bromley/main-menu
    i thought Michael Winner had died? lol

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Mandarin Palace has always been top drawer as far is food is concerned. Never had a bad meal there, the exact opposite to be honest, excellent grub. Was really surprised to see that it's food hygiene rating is a 1 out of 5 though! I used to work with Ginny at a travel agency in Bromley South before she set up the restaurant and she used to bring us lunch in to taste. Suffice to say it was slightly better than my corned beef rolls! :)

Had lunch in the Bromley Belgo's yesterday, excellent value and good food. Being superstitious I might just have to visit my folks every lunch time before a night game if it brings on that result!
  • Options
    My boy isn't keen on Chinese food, 2 out of 4 of them won't eat Indian cuisine, one of the girls won't eat anything unhealthy if anything and the other half don't generally like a lot of spice, sauce or flavour; if he has chinese he only has beef chow mein, Indian is always a korma with plain boiled rice, pizza is always margarita and don't eat ketchup, barbeque or any sauces. I have a more sophisticated palate and will try anything once but expect a good quality, I can't stand plain food. With all this information taken into account should we go to buddah belly?
  • Options
    shocked at that food hygiene score for the Mandarin. Never had a problem after eating there though.

I like Ginny's but only ever used it for the lunch time buffet.

• Options
    Champan is the nuts
  • Options

My boy isn't keen on Chinese food, 2 out of 4 of them won't eat Indian cuisine, one of the girls won't eat anything unhealthy if anything and the other half don't generally like a lot of spice, sauce or flavour; if he has chinese he only has beef chow mein, Indian is always a korma with plain boiled rice, pizza is always margarita and don't eat ketchup, barbeque or any sauces. I have a more sophisticated palate and will try anything once but expect a good quality, I can't stand plain food. With all this information taken into account should we go to buddah belly?

We have the opposite problem. My son loves food, loves cooking and loves eating (he's slim like his dad. Or like his dad was at his age) but he has expensive tastes.

Due Amici or Chapter One for him. Wagamama's if he is slumming it.

Sadie, go for Buddah Belly. You are never going to please such a fussy lot totally so as it is your party go where you want to go. At least they have a wide choice.

• Options

How about your local Harvester? ;-)
  • Options
    Prezzo on a 'tastecard' is my recommendation. The one in Maidstone is very good...
  • Options
    Sadie, just seen it is a Monday. The Scared Crow in West Malling (mexican / pub grub) does buy one get one free fajitas on a Monday and Tuesday, if sat before 7pm. You'll probably need to book!! San Miguel on draft and always a nice atmosphere - would recommend
  • Options
    Been prezzo in Maidstone a few times before I like it may go there instead, hubby not into Mexican though.