Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dutch FA Investigate dual ownership

Comments

• Options
    I've been reading about this and I bet Duc will be keeping a close eye on the outcome.
  • Options
    It makes for good conspiracy theory, maybe Duc didn't want us to get anywhere near euro football in our fa cup run.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

It makes for good conspiracy theory, maybe Duc didn't want us to get anywhere near euro football in our fa cup run.

Or maybe we just 'did a Charlton' in a cup game against lower league opposition.

FWIW, I don't believe for one second that CP would have even contemplated throwing the match. Given everything else that was going on, I personally believe he would have walked at the mere suggestion.

Not to mention the amount of cash the club (and therefore RD) would have made had we got to the semi-final.
  • Options
    If we are having a serious worry about what happens if we are threatening to get a place in Europe in the next few years, i don't think things are a disaster for us. ;-)
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

Shrew said:

Or maybe we just 'did a Charlton' in a cup game against lower league opposition.

FWIW, I don't believe for one second that CP would have even contemplated throwing the match. Given everything else that was going on, I personally believe he would have walked at the mere suggestion.

Not to mention the amount of cash the club (and therefore RD) would have made had we got to the semi-final.
    I think you will find Powell "threw the match" in his own way by refusing to play the team RD wanted and therefore played his signing Tudgay up front as a defiance act, which ultimately cost his own job
  • Options

If we are having a serious worry about what happens if we are threatening to get a place in Europe in the next few years, i don't think things are a disaster for us. ;-)

I remember the outrage on here for a couple of days with people moaning about RD and his network and how we wouldn't be able to play in Europe if we got the FA Cup final against a top 6 club! That went well!

• Options
    It is interesting though that RD would only want one club getting near europe, I wonder how that would effect his buying plans once he has sold SL.