Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barca Ban on transfers

Barca banned from signing players for next two transfer windows... could this be good news for us stopping them from taking Poyet... probably clutching at straws there...

Comments

• Options
    whats the ban about?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    From Sky: This relates to the first registration of at least 10 players under the age of 18 into their academy.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2313003/index.html

Though probably won't last too long, like Chelsea's:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8499169.stm
  • Options
    Only banned from signing u18s so at Joe Gomez is safe
  • Options
    edited April 2014

its not they're banned from signing anyone although it isnt clear in the statement
  • Options
    can their b team sign players? that might be a way they might try to work around it. Don't think it will affect them that badly, la masia isn't exactly devoid of any talent..

Still, that's them off the list of clubs id want to glory hunt on football manager with.
  • Options

I think it's all transfers. A 2 window ban on signing under 18s would hardly be a major punishment would it?
  • Options
    My mistake, I misread the headline

"Spanish champions Barcelona have been given a 14-month transfer ban by Fifa for breaking rules on signing international players under 18"

• Options
    Its very interesting seeing that Victor Valdes is off in the summer so am guessing they wont have a good GK for a few years (even if he was to stay he's out for seven months injured)
  • Options
    News from eight weeks time:

"Barcelona's transfer ban has been reduced to a 50,000 Euro fine on appeal. This was followed by English football fans complaining that if it was one of their teams they would have been banned from Europe and their mothers insulted".
  • Options
    Does it include free agents? Technically Poyet could be one in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Usually a transfer ban includes free agents, and also the selling of players too
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Usually a transfer ban includes free agents, and also the selling of players too

Surely it couldn't constitute a ban on selling players ? That would surely amount to a restriction on the free movement of trade ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

Surely it couldn't constitute a ban on selling players ? That would surely amount to a restriction on the free movement of trade ?
    That's what I read last night, and I guess the whole point is that they broke the transfer rules and so they're trade is now restricted as a punishment
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

That's what I read last night, and I guess the whole point is that they broke the transfer rules and so they're trade is now restricted as a punishment
    But wouldn't it also impact the players who are now restricted from plying their trade elsewhere ?

I'm not an employment lawyer, I just can't remember a transfer ban covering the disposal of players as well as recruitment.
  • Options
    Surely they can't stop people from leaving?

You can't stop employees from going elsewhere. The punishment is on the club, not the players.
  • Options
    It definitely doesn't stop players leaving as Valdes and Puyol are both leaving this summer. Although they might be out of contract?
  • Options

It definitely doesn't stop players leaving as Valdes and Puyol are both leaving this summer. Although they might be out of contract?

Valdes is Out of Contract, they've agreed to cancel Puyol's
  • Options
    I think it's to do with selling players rather than not letting them leave, they will be able to leave on a free but from what I understand Barcelona cannot make any money through selling players
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I think it's to do with selling players rather than not letting them leave, they will be able to leave on a free but from what I understand Barcelona cannot make any money through selling players

Hmmm...I'm still not convinced that wouldn't breach EU legislation.

Either way, as I said further up its probably a moot point because there's very little chance this ban will actually be implemented after Barca appeal.
  • Options
    Re Poyet I think out of all the teams he's been linked with I'd be most happy seeing him go to Barca than say Arsenal or any other English club. Hopefully Real Madrid are in for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    quelle surprise... It has been suspended, and barcelona can sign players this summer. Never thought this would happen...

http://au.eurosport.com/football/la-liga/2011-2012/barcelona-transfer-ban-suspended-club-can-sign-players_sto4223704/story.shtml
  • Options

quelle surprise... It has been suspended, and barcelona can sign players this summer. Never thought this would happen...

http://au.eurosport.com/football/la-liga/2011-2012/barcelona-transfer-ban-suspended-club-can-sign-players_sto4223704/story.shtml

Haha, always going to happen !
  • Options
    Gawd I wonder what would happen if a team of Charlton's size went and did this!!
  • Options

Gawd I wonder what would happen if a team of Charlton's size went and did this!!

Ban extended to 2 years for a frivolous appeal?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    FC Barcelona ‏@FCBarcelona 1h
    FIFA transfer ban on FC Barcelona suspended for the upcoming transfer window

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/detail/article/fc-barcelona-s-appraisal-of-the-suspensory-effect-granted-by-the-fifa-appeal-committee

Maybe Poyet can go, Means they can replace Valdes to
  • Options
    Man Utd are after Poyet.

I've heard we are trying to get Petrucci on a permanent contract from Man Utd, but we've got in trouble tapping up a player from a smaller team.
  • Options
    Word on the street is we can only sign Petrucci if we agree to take on Rio Ferdinand