Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Table and Impossible or unlikely potential points totals...

edited March 2014 in General Charlton
Here's a table I've bashed out just to give some insight into our predicament.
Table after W/E of 29/03/2014
Team---------Points-----Goal Difference-----Games Played---------Win Every game left
Blackpool-------42-----------21---------------39------------------63
Birmingham-----40-----------10---------------39------------------61
Charlton --------35-----------21---------------36------------------65
Barnsley --------35-----------27---------------38------------------57
Millwall---------33-----------32---------------39------------------54
Yeovil----------32-----------25---------------39------------------53
(all goal differences are in the minus figures.)
So it's impossible for all teams to achieve that potential as there are games against one another... and you need to score goals to win games!

According to points per game our points totals will be around

Blackpool - 49
Birmingham - 47
Charlton - 45
Barnsley 42
Millwall 39
Yeovil 38

But it's interesting to see in figures.

Comments

• It's so tight it's frightening it was sqeeky bum time when the boys from the toolbox scored with their 2nd penalty in the 88th minute but they are as shite as us and couldn't hold on!
    This will go to the last game I reckon?
  • IMO we'll have a chance to make our status safe against Watford in our last home game. Whether we'll take it or not, who knows. :-)
  • IMO we'll have a chance to make our status safe against Watford in our last home game. Whether we'll take it or not, who knows. :-)

I think you're right. Watford will probably have no interest in this game. If we can't beat them then we will probably deserve to go down.
  • If it does go to the last Saturday.

Blackpool could almost be a relegation play off similar to the Bolton match in 1983 where the loser goes down. Or if the Seasiders have already achieved safety and we needed points then it would be a perfect last game.

On the last Saturday Brum are at Bolton,Yeovil host Middlesbrough in relatively good fixtures for our rivals. The Spanners host Yann and the ever improving Bournemouth (I don't think we have realised what an important win that was for us two weeks ago because the Cheries are in excellent form) who could be still in the mix for the play offs and Barnsley have the hardest fixture against QP ha ha ha .
  • I still cant see Yeovil finishing bottom...

I think its gonna be between Yeovil / Barnsley and us for those final spots and hopefully our games in hand can drag Birmingham into it
  • Birmingham have only won three games this year, Blackpool, us and Millwall. Talk about six pointers!
  • Updated after last night - By PPG
    Charlton will move to 47 points also.