Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Hollands?

edited March 2014 in General Charlton
Hasn't featured in the team since august. Now on his way to Portsmouth, what happened?

Comments

• Options
    Rizzo said:

M25, M3, M27

Not at this time of day.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

M25, M3, M27

Not at this time of day.
    M25, A3 is the better option, all things considered.

• Options
    not really good enough
  • Options
    Dylan100 said:

Hasn't featured in the team since august. Now on his way to Portsmouth, what happened?

I thought a train down to the training ground and a contract signing was the normal?
  • Options
    Jokes about the best route to Portsmouth say it all really. Thought he looked okay in the League One title winning season, never made the jump
  • Options
    To be fair, he looked more than okay in the promotion season. I agree that he didn't make the jump, but he's surely too good for the bottom of div 4.
  • Options
    Portsmouth? ... surely he deserves better than this
  • Options
    Unfortunately football is ruthless...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014
    That is surely the last we will see of Danny at the Valley. He did very well for us in league 1 and I'm sure he has a few years left in him at that level. Hopefully he will do well for Portsmouth and get a new contract somewhere better in the summer. I certainly wish him all the best in both his football and personal life in the future.
  • Options
    We had too many slow and similar midfielders in Jackson, Stephens and Green. First two were/are better players and Green played elsewhere in midfield.

Might have made the step up with different players around him, but I'm not convinced he's good enough with the rest of his game to make up for the lack of pace at Championship level.
  • Options
    I'm surprised a L1 team didn't go for him. In my opinion he would have been perfect for Orient.
  • Options
    Was never the same after those triplets.
  • Options
    He had the triplets about a month into joining us. He was quality in our league 1 promotion season
  • Options
    He was good at Swindon he should shine at Pompey
  • Options
    Sullivan, Moutaukil, Racon and Hollands all at Pompey now.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

He had the triplets about a month into joining us. He was quality in our league 1 promotion season

Think it was a bit more than that. He had a great spell alongside Andy Hughes in midfield when he scored a respectable number of goals before the triplets. His form dipped and everyone thought it was lack of sleep. and he'd soon pick up, but he never did. Never seemed to work well with Stephens together.
  • Options
    Not a bad move if he still has family in Bournemouth
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Sullivan, Moutaukil, Racon and Hollands all at Pompey now.

How long before LLera and Semedo join them?
    @operationpig
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think it was more to do with his toe operation than the triplets
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Think it was a bit more than that. He had a great spell alongside Andy Hughes in midfield when he scored a respectable number of goals before the triplets. His form dipped and everyone thought it was lack of sleep. and he'd soon pick up, but he never did. Never seemed to work well with Stephens together.
    They were born Sept 2011 http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/43326/danny-hollands-triplets/p1

Agree though his best spell was alongside Hughes, then for some reason Hughes was dropped for Russell and Hollands never really looked a goal threat anymore
  • Options
    Wish him all the best. Real trier and never less than 100% from the lad. Was decent in League one, surprised he has had to drop to league 2 for aclub.
  • Options

That's what I thought. Didn't the operation involve fusing the bone, so his toe wouldn't bend? If so, that's quite an obstacle to get over when you make your living with your feet.............
  • Options

Wish him all the best. Real trier and never less than 100% from the lad. Was decent in League one, surprised he has had to drop to league 2 for aclub.

This ^

If he had pace, he'd be a decent Championship midfielder
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Liked him just as I did all of the record breaking L1 Champions squad. No nonsense got stuck in, could head a ball but pace was the issue not to mention the operation on his big toe which had to be fused. Never quite the same after that and he was not one to bench warm so CP sent him on loan to Swindon. Would like to have been a fly on the wall when Danny went in to discuss it with him. Thank you Danny Hollands for your contribution to a very special season in history of our club and all the very best for the future.
  • Options
    Far too good for Portsmouth
  • Options
    Will end up in League 1. Possibly at one of our relegation rivals.
  • Options

That's what I thought. Didn't the operation involve fusing the bone, so his toe wouldn't bend? If so, that's quite an obstacle to get over when you make your living with your feet.............
    Yeah that's my recollection. Good luck Danny, one of the best players during our promotion season.
  • Options
    A proper unsung hero of the promotion season, really thought that he was one of the ones who'd find it easiest to make the step up a level, certainly way too good for Div 4.