Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Name the players

And spot the mistake in this 1970s scarf now in the possession of the Charlton Athletic Museum

imageimageimage

Comments

• Ray Tumbridge, David Young, Bobby Goldthorpe, Keith Peacock, Bob Curtis, Jimmy Giles, George Hope, Killer, Andy Nelson - first scarf pic
  • Berry, Young, Goldthorpe, Peacock, Curtis, Giles, Hope, Hales, Nelson, Flanagan, Bowman, Unknown, Warman, Hunt, Penfold, Powell, Cripps, Tutt. Who am I missing?
  • Ooops, that's Ray Tumbridge, not Les Berry - sorry!
  • 2nd scarf - Mike Flanagan, Ritchie Bowman , John Harrison, Phil Warman, Peter Hunt, Mark Penfold, Paddy Powell, Harry Cripps, Graham Tutt.
  • Lawrie Wilson is a number of them
  • edited March 2014
    Little Johnny Harrison. In a friendly versus Coventry, I well remember him pushing the ball past big England centre-half Larry Lloyd and running through his legs!!!
  • the mistake is that there is one extra tassle on the right hand side
  • we are not the valiants.
  • Funny thing I remember having that scarf also remember the black and gold away silk scarf must have been around the mid 70's....can't spot the mistake though.
  • the ....can't spot the mistake though.

Most of the hairstyles
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2014
    Think I've got it Henners the club dropped the badge in the seventies, well certainly from the shirts and only had CAFC in a diagonal across the shirts where the badge used to be.
    Edit; also no small TM (trade mark) after Athletic.
  • I remember owning this scarf as a kid and being very upset as one by one the players left.

Is the error to do with some of the players's photos being the wrong way around ?
  • What a great scarf!
  • What we need now are some mannequins so we can dress one up with a couple of these scarves tied around the writst, ski hat, Valley Party T-shirt, Farahs, etc
  • Nice scarf.
    What was the mistook ?
  • The apostrophe is missing from "Valiant's" ;-)
  • Someone added a picture of one of the blokes from chas n dave above andy nelson...................
  • I've still got this scarf, along with the gold and black one. The answer is that there are two Phil Warmans on it. Must have been schizophrenic like Andy Goram
  • john said:

I've still got this scarf, along with the gold and black one. The answer is that there are two Phil Warmans on it. Must have been schizophrenic like Andy Goram

I could have understood it if it was two David Campbells.....
  • Sponsored links:

• john said:

I've still got this scarf, along with the gold and black one. The answer is that there are two Phil Warmans on it. Must have been schizophrenic like Andy Goram

Well done John, Glad someone finally got it.

• john said:

Bearing in mind you can't see 2 Phil Warmans. How the **** were we meant to get that ? :-)

• edited March 2014

john said:

Bearing in mind you can't see 2 Phil Warmans. How the **** were we meant to get that ? :-)

Some people are just soooo picky :-)

the correct answer is of course, the scarve isn't actually made of silk.

• Haircut! That's all I have to say about that.
  • edited April 2014
    cafcfan said:

The apostrophe is missing from "Valiant's" ;-)

No. Valiants is plural not possessive.
  • There's grass on the pitch in the group photo