Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Car bodywork repairs

Need some work doing after a bit of a scrape last night and some damage to my wheel arch.

Seems to be a tonnes of places online but are any Charlton fans in this line of work as i'd rather give my business to a fellow Addick.

Failing that, can anyone recommend anyone they've used recently?

Thanks

Comments

• I have a couple of contacts. Both mobile so they can come to you and carry out the repair. I'll send you a pm mate.
  • Bumping this.

Need a bumper resprayed - not a big job but would rather use someone trusted.

I'm in Bexley/Sidcup
  • GL Coachworks in Foots Cray are quite a good company to use... http://www.glcoachworks.com/

Me and my parents have used these a few times for various bodywork problems
  • Danny at DC Autos in Crayford is a bit of a wizard. He works on all of our company cars and we really cannot fault their work.

If you call him on 01322 551365 and tell him Steve from Whitecode put you in touch - he should do you a good rate.
  • My son in law, chips away in dartford.
  • Is your son in law called Ross? If so I have cleaned his oven as I own ovenclean Dartford
    DA9 said:

My son in law, chips away in dartford.

• I know a guy in Hillsborough if that's any help mate?
  • Warren Coachworks, Bexleyheath.
  • DA9DA9
    edited May 2015

Is your son in law called Ross? If so I have cleaned his oven as I own ovenclean Dartford

DA9 said:

That's him , not technically son in law but as good as
  • DA9 said:

That's very nice for Chip, but what on earth made him choose to holiday in Dartford?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ross fixed the bumper of my company car before it went back to the lease company, done a great job.
  • Can anyone recommend a good Car Bodywork company in the Medway area?

Have a big dent in the rear left passenger door after swerving to avoid a stupid woman who wasnt looking where she was going with a buggy and so hitting a post in a field car park a few months ago.

Just been quoted £1,200 by GL Coachworks in Sidcup as they believe the whole door needs replacing
  • http://www.warrencoachworks.co.uk/

Have always done good work for me. Owner Geoff Warren.
  • Possibly slightly off topic, but just had my coolant tank replaced and a worn brake pad replaced, came to £198 in west norwood.....price seem fair for that work or have I been done?
  • Coolant tank should be a simple cheap job (took me ten minutes on a Focus).
    Presumably the brake pads were replaced on both wheels.
    Does the £198 include VAT?

Depends what sort of car it is too...
  • I would second Geoff Warren as the man you need to contact he is in Bexleyheath
  • While we're here, can anyone recommend a decent bodywork place in the Croydon/Sth Norwood/Crystal Palace area? Rear door/wheel arch incident. Desperately trying to avoid anyone called Tex, riding a horse and wearing boots with spurs on.
  • I had a chap do some work on my car bumper a year or so ago. He was fantastic and seemed very cheap. I'm in Maidstone and I think he is local. I can't remember his mane but I might be able to find it if it is of any value to someone?
  • IdleHans said:

Coolant tank should be a simple cheap job (took me ten minutes on a Focus).

Funnily enough its a MK1 Focus zetec.

I believe so and yes it does include VAT,

They have phoned me back and said they are going to have to drill out the wheel nuts as I don't have the locking wheel nut remover......

• IdleHans said:

They have phoned me back and said they are going to have to drill out the wheel nuts as I don't have the locking wheel nut remover......

Or you just get some locking wheel nut removers and a torque wrench?
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:

Get an old socket that is slightly smaller than the nut, hammer it on and then use a big old wrench.

Thought the Wendies just kept their chips on their shoulders.
  • IdleHans said:

I wouldnt say £198 is far off the mark.
    I got the coolant reservoir from Eurocarparts and it was about £20.
  • IdleHans said:

Of course they are!!
    1) See advice above
    2) Lock a good pair of mulgrips on the nut and a short scaffold tube or similar for leverage.
    3) Park it in Zampa rd for 10 minutes, remembering to reorder a set of wheels to replace existing set. ;)
  • While we're here, can anyone recommend a decent bodywork place in the Croydon/Sth Norwood/Crystal Palace area? Rear door/wheel arch incident. Desperately trying to avoid anyone called Tex, riding a horse and wearing boots with spurs on.

See if these guys will go that far (they're based in Caterham so should be OK):

http://www.checkatrade.com/AutoMobileSmartRepairs/

Hit my car door on a post and was told I'd need to replace the door at the expense of £1,350. Sent him a picture, quote of £180 including of VAT and job done. You'd never know I'd done anything.

Have a big dent in the rear left passenger door after swerving to avoid a stupid woman who wasnt looking where she was going with a buggy and so hitting a post in a field car park a few months ago.

Just been quoted £1,200 by GL Coachworks in Sidcup as they believe the whole door needs replacing

How about buying replacement door off the net? Same colour and swap it over?

See if these guys will go that far (they're based in Caterham so should be OK):

http://www.checkatrade.com/AutoMobileSmartRepairs/

Hit my car door on a post and was told I'd need to replace the door at the expense of £1,350. Sent him a picture, quote of £180 including of VAT and job done. You'd never know I'd done anything.
    Thanks mate - sounds promising. Will def look into them.

How about buying replacement door off the net? Same colour and swap it over?
    Good answer actually... Silly question but do you know where I can go though to get it fixed?

All 14 of them.
  • LenGlover said:

I know a guy in Hillsborough if that's any help mate?

All 14 of them.
    Just 14, I thought they were massive.